What's your favorite .40 caliber handgun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I've got a Baretta PX4 Storm that I'm pretty fond of. The only complaint it the way the safety leaver is shaped. That thing's just waiting to cut up a finger if your hand slips on the slide while cycling.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have a couple of 40 S&W handguns because they make major in USPSA. If I were to pick my favorite I'd go with the S&W Model 610.

Dave

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    MikeR- are you talking about EA witness/ tangfolio? That sounds awesome, I would love to have one pistol that shoots so many calibers, but what about build quality, durability, customer services, ect.? I've never heard anyone brag on their witness.

EAA as an importer/customer service center leaves a lot to be desired. With that said, the Witness line of pistols are a very good line of CZ75 clones. Some even claim the Italians improved it. I have one of their Elite line (from the Tanfoglio Custom Shop) and it is an excellent pistol with excellent accuracy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Do you guya find that the 96 has any ammo preferences? The 96fs is my first handgun and I've put about 450 rounds through it, but I was more accurate with my S&W 10-7 snubbie the first time out. I had WWB in the .38 spl and Herter's 180gr in the 96 that particular day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 2

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Do you guya find that the 96 has any ammo preferences? The 96fs is my first handgun and I've put about 450 rounds through it, but I was more accurate with my S&W 10-7 snubbie the first time out. I had WWB in the .38 spl and Herter's 180gr in the 96 that particular day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure, because I never shot my 96 enough to see. Although I can tell you, if you out shot the beretta with a snubbie,
    Somthing is wrong. Might have been that fact that it was cheap(probably inconsistent) ammo. Also I know that in both of my Glocks the lighter weight bullets were more accurate. 165's vs 180's.
    My beretta was always more accurate than my Glocks.
    Also try some short barrel gold dots for your snubbie. You'll get much better results with the lighter bullets and faster burning powder.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    In my opinion, the Ruger SR40C is a great little pistol. Very smooth trigger, quick reset, compact and the recoil is noticeably less than you would expect from a small 40. If you haven't shot one, give it a try if you can. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Yea, I like the 40's that shoot 9mm also. I like any gun that gives you the ability to shoot mulitipul calibers.

Update:

I picked up a gen 4 Glock 27, having never shot the 27 or 33, I was very happy with the gun. I don't like the mag capacity. It wasn't bad at 10rds with the pinky extention, but I desided to trade for a gen 4 g23 instead. I am happy with the gun, no complaints.

Also I have been trying to shoot more .40 handguns to see what else I might like. One gun I got to shoot that impressed me very much is the little m&p shield in .40!

Top Bottom