What's your favorite AR buttstock?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've always been a fan of the Magpul CTR, because of it's weight and minimalist design. The MOE carbine stock being a close favorite as well. However, lately I've been wanting something a bit beefier with a larger cheek weld. The B5 Systems SOPMOD (LMT type) stock looks promising and has decent reviews, but I've never used one.

What are you guys using?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Magpul str is my favorite. I have a lmt sop mod, b5 sop mod, moe, ubr, ctr, acs, and vltor. And the str is probably my favorite due to being similar to the ctr with the "locking feature" but having a better cheek weld.

The lmt is pretty tight which is good Bc it won't wobble, but since it's tight, it's hard to adjust.

The b5 is just a copy of the lmt

The vltor is similar to the str in which is has storage compartments but it has the zig zag pattern on it, which I haven't had an issue but some people says it pulls out thier beard hair

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    B5 sopmod enhanced is my favorite due to the extra cheek weld it affords. Also has QD points built in so slings come off quickly when I put rifles back in safe. The b5 bravo is nice too if you're running a red dot and want something lighter.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    B5 sopmod enhanced is my favorite due to the extra cheek weld it affords. Also has QD points built in so slings come off quickly when I put rifles back in safe. The b5 bravo is nice too if you're running a red dot and want something lighter.

Is there any difference between the SOPMOD and Bravo, other than the storage tubes?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I guess the most popular around my house is the Magpul CTR with .75" extended butt pad. 6 of my ARs sport that combo. Otherwise, I'm good with the good old A2 fixed version.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm going to have to check out the B5 Bravo. The angle may be awkward but it's worth a shot.

Yawl can have your overpriced fancy doodads; I’ll stay with my regular A2 rifle stock, cheep and functional.

Wolf

This is you...

tumblr_lwudgwhIJv1qh87wbo1_1280.jpg

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    One of my favorites is the Ace M4 socom. It's very comfortable to shoulder and I found the foam around the tube makes a nice cheek weld. The stock is not light, compared to all the minimalist stocks, but the rear weight gives the rifle better balance IMO.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    My favorite has been the STR due to the larger cheek weld, but just put a MFT Minimalist on a 300BLK night hunting build. I'm a fan so far. Both tend to pull hairs out of my beard though, which gets annoying.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    My favorite has been the STR due to the larger cheek weld, but just put a MFT Minimalist on a 300BLK night hunting build. I'm a fan so far. Both tend to pull hairs out of my beard though, which gets annoying.

Before I picked up another CTR, I was looking at the STR, but figured I'll never use the storage. I didn't even bother to think about the cheek weld until recently when I decided M4 & CTR's just aren't cutting it. If I can find a good deal, I'd like to get an STR and a B5 SOPMOD to try them out.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have both the b5 sopmod and str if you are in the NOLA area. Can drop them on my rim fire and pistol caliber lower and shoot them at shooters club or bayou dragon

RovingDisco

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Rocket City, Alabama
    Have you used either, Tim?

Does the angle make it awkward without a PC or gear on?

I have two LMT sopmod stocks and have really enjoyed them. I am thinking about picking up a bravo because of the angle for my SBR.

One of my buddies has a sopmod bravo on his AR and I do like how the butt of the gun is at a slight angle when I hold it up.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    noob, I truly appreciate the offer, but as cheap as the B5 Bravo's are, I'm just going to order one and see how it is. :bigok:
    I have two LMT sopmod stocks and have really enjoyed them. I am thinking about picking up a bravo because of the angle for my SBR.

One of my buddies has a sopmod bravo on his AR and I do like how the butt of the gun is at a slight angle when I hold it up.

For $58, I think it's worth a shot. They even have Wolf Grey & Multicam for when you need to kick down doors on YouTube. :rofl:

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    The B5 sopmod are great stocks. I have 2 now and dont see going back to the ctr style stocks. I got my last set from aero percision with trigger guard, pistol grip and stock for under 100 bucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Took the ctr that came on my rifle, threw it away, and have had a VLTOR eMod on ever since. I like it, it does what a buttstock is supposed to do. ;-)

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I'll be in the minority and say I love my Ace ARFX and probably get an Ace M4 SOCOM next.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom