What's your favorite carbine?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Leesville Louisiana
    The most elegant Carbine I can think of is also the most accurate, and would make a real fine deer rifle in Louisiana. It is the CZ-550 FS or Full Stock. I want two of them the first is in 6.5X55 SE the other in 9.3X62 Mauser. Both are fine deer rifles while the 9.3 is the choice for wild boar.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Have to agree with you - I do love a good .357 lever! Really cool if you have a revolver to go with it, too.

Here's a question about it - will it also fire .38 Special rounds? That would help with the plinking expense.

I shoot mostly 38spl out of my lever gun. I save the 357mags for outdoor shooting where I can get past 50 yards.

deadidunn

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Hineston, LA
    I love my Ruger 77 bolt action in .44 mag. I wanted a short truck gun, I put my M1 carbine in the truck, but didn't want it to get beat up in the truck. So I went out in search of a Ruger .44 mag auto or lever action, they were hard to find around here. I found my bolt ruger and fell in love with it after the first shooting. At 50 yds I shot a 1.5" group just kneeling down and hit in the center of 2 tide jugs at 100yds. I'm not good at open sights, but I can hit great with this little rifle, it has a lifetime contract and home with me.

Turn Key

Stuck up North
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I matched the Carbine with my EDC Glock caliber

My Ruger PC4 Carbine is in 40SW which matches my carry pistol caliber. It just made sense to me to just carry one caliber bullet. My G23 & G27 both run 40SW and my practice ranges do not allow center fire rifles, only pistol caliber rifles are allowed.

I found my carbine at Summit Gun Brokers where Mark was good to deal with, and the $435 price was right :D . I bought 4 extra 10 round mags at Brownell's ( the gun comes with 2 ), and called Ruger for an owners manual, even though it's online the hard copy is nice. This carbine is still available through Summit. http://www.summitgunbroker.com/Ruger_PC_carbine.html

Another reason I went with a Ruger is service. Their Prescott, AZ office services the PC Carbine's and stock all the parts.

pc4dc.jpg

They come with factory ghost sights that are easy to dial in. Just add a sling and your good to go. I've shot the crap out of mine and taken it clear down after each range trip to become real familiar with this carbine.

TK

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    My favorite target shooting and small game hunting rifle is my Rossi 22 magnum pump.
    But I also love my Marlin .357 that was customized to look like a mini guide gun. and my Marlin stainless 44 lever action. But i'm partial to lever actions and have had a bunch of calibers in them from 30-30 to 35, 356, 375, 444, 45-70, 450, 45LC and 32 mag.
    The .357 is my favorite and max loads of Lil Gun and a 158gr JSP will do a little over 2000fps at lower pressure than the H110 loads but i like those too.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    M1 carbine is an all time fave for me.

Marlin 94c in .357 is a nice lil blaster too, but I don't have one of those at the moment. One that got away so to speak. Taffin has said for years that if he could only have one combo, this rifle and a Smith in same cal would be the ticket. I agree.

But a "sneaker" for me is a stainless Ruger 10-22, in full Walter Mitty tacticool drag with Tapco stock, EOtech wannabe clone, and 50 round drum mag. I've thought about changing barrels on this one a lot of times but somewhere back in the day I found a stainless Vortex brake for it. They are no longer made and it gives the barrel a profile like no other 10-22 I've ever seen. So it's stayed pretty much stock, barrel and trigger wise. More fun with clothes on that you should be allowed to have. And...if we're ever invaded by green plastic army men, I'm ready.

Ahhhh....too many guns...too little money. :)

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I love how quiet and "recoil free" my Jungle Carbine is.
    LOL! Its no worse than my old crack barrel 12ga with 3" slugs... I wonder if you could put a suppressor on the end of a JC? If I ever find a bubba-ized #5 I might just find out.

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    LOL! Its no worse than my old crack barrel 12ga with 3" slugs... I wonder if you could put a suppressor on the end of a JC? If I ever find a bubba-ized #5 I might just find out.

I'll bet you could. Make it attach to the flash hider and lock to the bayonet lug. A bucket of sub-sonic .303 and you would be in business. Cool.

Al

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Lets see, fave carbines.

I really like shooting the SW5 (mp5 cone with 16" barrel) in 9mm. Put a folding stock on and some hk 30rd mags. Tons of fun and no recoil.

Next would be the Keltec sub2000 in 40 cal. Nice that it takes glock 22 mags, as I have alot. Plus it quiets down 40 alot. And the fact it folds in half is just cool.

I have a chiappa m4 profile 22lr ar upper on a cavaly arms poly lower. Very light, and it take the black dog 50rds drum. Accuate too, and run on the cheapy bulk federal just fine.

I would also say the keltec su22 rifle with ar stock adapter and folding stock block is alot of fun. Takes black dog mags too. Less than 300 bucks if you look around, great deal on a well made gun.

Also have a vector mp5 clone in 40, lots of fun.

nortac

Cynical Old Codger
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Abita Springs, LA , USA
    My Carbines and Leverguns:
    XCR 7.62x39, AK and SKS
    M-1 Carbine w/ Choate folder
    CZ 550 FS 6.5x55
    Marlin 1894 CBC 45LC
    Marlin 1894 CL 32-20
    Marlin 39A 22LR
    Ruger 10-22
    Hard to pick a favorite.

bigv

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Shreveport
    well.....

I gave a lot 600.00 for it but i was and still am sure i will not likely see one again as the importing of them has been hindered by some beuracratic crap.

Top Bottom