What's your opinion on this...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who do you side with... the School or the Twins?

• School

Votes: 19 95.0%
    • Twins

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    A Texas school district threatened to punish two patriotic sisters who refused to remove hoodie-style jackets emblazoned with the U.S. Air Force logo.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015...ce-logo-violates-dress-code.html?intcmp=hpbt3

Granted it is an independent school district... and the jacket does violate their dress code guidelines because of the size of the logo, not because it was an Air Force logo. So they never said they couldn't wear an air force jacket... just not one with a logo as big as what's on these particular jackets.

Who do you side with? School or the twins?

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I'm going to have to side with the school on this one.
    Now if they want to change the dress code, then they should petition they school board and try to get it changed.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do things.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'm going to have to side with the school on this one.
    Now if they want to change the dress code, then they should petition they school board and try to get it changed.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do things.

Yep, why is this even news worthy? More people that do not like being told NO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yep, why is this even news worthy? More people that do not like being told NO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

As is always, there are people on the left that kick and scream, and there are people on the right that kick and scream. Some people just don't take no for an answer.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that agreed with the school district.

If you let the girls wear what then you have to let other people wear things that advertise what they believe in. Religion, military, etc we all agree with but along come thug life and Mexican flags. Oh not so cool then. No double standard. That's why dress codes are there to begin with.

Last edited:

Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    Rules were on the books and they willingly broke them. They were not told by administration to remove them for political or personal reasons, they were clearly in violation of written rules. Their fault. I believe the saying "play stupid games win stupid prizes" fits well in this case.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Rules are rules stupid or not.

Heard a story about a kid wearing a shirt with a battle field cross on it. He was suspended for wearing a shirt with a weapon on it and refusing to take it off. Oregon IIRC
    I'm almost on the fence with that one. The m16 in the battle filed cross is still a gun and in the end rules are rules no matter how moronic they may be. And it doesn't matter if the the ones inforcing them are wacko libs. As said before, if you dont like the rule try to change it. If you intentionally break the rules in order to draw attention to the stupid rules, be prepared to face the music. When you cut new trails you get thorns in your shins and arms.

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Rules were on the books and they willingly broke them. They were not told by administration to remove them for political or personal reasons, they were clearly in violation of written rules. Their fault. I believe the saying "play stupid games win stupid prizes" fits well in this case.

It's a shame though that the initial headlines I saw that brought me to the story were...

"School says Air Force logo violates dress code"

"Twin Daughters Of Air Force Vet Barred From Wearing Jackets With Logo To School"

"School forces twin girls to remove Air Force jackets"

"Twin sisters who refused to remove hoodies emblazoned with the U.S. Air Force logo are threatened with punishment in Texas school"

"Air Force jackets don't fly at school"

"School forces twin girls to remove Air Force jackets"

Gotta love the "SPIN" the media puts on it to stir up trouble.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It's called click-bait.

Just like when the photo of a news article doesn't represent anything close to what the article is about.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I will say though its interesting that if you do something patriotic and get suspended you are on your own, but bring a fake clock breifecase thingy to school you get to meet the President.

Carefully phrased to prevent a knock on my door at 3:00am.

And yes that in itself is sad.
    :mad:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom