What's your "truck handgun"?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Sure, we all like variety- but usually there is one that stands out as the one we prefer as our "starter". For me, it's my Glock 21.....:cool:

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    hzb1a1ks80yn7jh88g.jpg

OOHHHHH.... you said truck Handgun........
    G32:D

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I dont have a truck. :o

+1

My "car handgun" is the one on my hip. I will have a "car rifle" someday, but I can't bring myself to risk leaving any of my rifles in the car. I could buy a cheap piece of **** to throw in there, but then if a time comes where I actually need the rifle I'd prefer it not be a cheap piece of ****. It's a damn conundrum I tell ya...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Of course- "car handguns" are just as important!:o I just used the old generic "truck gun" bit...

fastmover

fastmover
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    lafayette, la
    +1

My "car handgun" is the one on my hip. I will have a "car rifle" someday, but I can't bring myself to risk leaving any of my rifles in the car. I could buy a cheap piece of **** to throw in there, but then if a time comes where I actually need the rifle I'd prefer it not be a cheap piece of ****. It's a damn conundrum I tell ya...

Me too...if i have to rely on a gun to get me out of a tight spot, i would prefer it be a "good one"...i won't leave a "good one" in my truck. and i would hate for someone to be able to bust the window of my truck and arm themselves prior to invading my home. so the guns move with me for the most part, till i come up with something better.

Dirty J

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    New Iberia
    LCP in my waistband/SOB but I pull it out for longer trips and put it in plain sight in the center console. It gets put back in the waistband whenever the truck gets departed.

And the 30" 391 Beretta is usually behind the back seat for the spur of the moment "Let's go shoot a round real quick" times.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Cool guys- but I guess I should have worded the OP "what is your favorite handgun you take with you on the road?".....:o (I don't think it's a great idea to leave one in your vehicle under most circumstances, either.)

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I have choices....a J frame,Xd9,Xd9sc,SP101...depends on my mood and where I'm going,but they never stay in my van. The only BUG that lives in my van is a cheap but dependable FIE TitanII 380 with 2 7 rnd mags that never see the out side of the bottom of my driver seat in a small personal keyed safe. If it goes,I won't loose sleep over it.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I am very sure there are lots of places you could sleep well leaving a nice gun locked in your vehicle, but unfortunately most of us go there often enough.....Sad signs of our $hitty times.....

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom