Wheel guns... An acquired taste?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Coincidentally, I just came across these spaghetti guns on reddit, and thought it'd fit here. They're quite different than some of the traditional fair, but I can kind of dig the modern mix.

http://www.olmiarmi.it/prodotti.php?idp=4&lingua=2
    660x330_963MF-4_base_DYN7.png

Those are interesting. Is anyone importing them?

Dave

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    I like both revolvers and pistols. I even have an unfired H&R 929 22lr revolver all the way up to a S&W 29-2 and lots in between of different manufacturers. My problem is I love all firearms and just keep looking to feed the addiction. Skiney, I do love Lacricia. Sure is "Purdy". The single action revolvers in 45 Colt are my downfall as well.

Thanks for the air time.

Thanks she's as sweet as Pralines:}

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Have loved them all, ever since I was a kid. Single action, double action revolvers , self-loaders , single shots...they are all good. For some reason I do like shooting revolvers, I guess the S&W are my "favorites" but they are like children...you have to love them ALL.

The only gun I didn't like was a Berretta Tomcat in 32 acp...it was a stinker..nothing like a Walther PPK in 32 acp. Traded that rascal in on a Smith & Wesson Airweight, took a nice loss and was glad to see it go.

Gary

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I love S&W. Hell I even love my more recent 29-10 that everyone hates on with the lock. I enjoy the quality level of smith's colts and rugers. I'm not a fan of Taurus revolvers just due to personal bad exp. I'll buy and sell glocks xd's or M&P's all day long but Once I get my hands on a nice revolver they never go anywhere. I hope my children enjoy them someday with their children on range trips. Quality revolvers have a real (pass it down) feel and sometimes look even better a little beat up.

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    as u can c from my "handle" I LOVE wheelguns. Best thing about a wheelgun is if you need to grab it in the dark of night it will always go bang without fiddling with a safety or wondering if a round is racked. Keep em loaded and keep em close. I just changed my bedside companion to my Smith 625-4 in .45 acp. With a full load and 2 full moon clips of Hydrashocks I feel all warm and fuzzy (and safe). Nothing against semi-autos (LOVE 1911s) in fact I just love most guns.
    PICT0020.jpg

Last edited:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Here's my contribution.........

S&W mdl 60-1 adjustable sight "Target" model. A rare find indeed!

Attachments

• 20131120_170600.jpg
      20131120_170600.jpg
      224.2 KB · Views: 66
    • 20131120_170701.jpg
      20131120_170701.jpg
      228.4 KB · Views: 73
    Last edited:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I love S&W. Hell I even love my more recent 29-10 that everyone hates on with the lock. I enjoy the quality level of smith's colts and rugers. I'm not a fan of Taurus revolvers just due to personal bad exp. I'll buy and sell glocks xd's or M&P's all day long but Once I get my hands on a nice revolver they never go anywhere. I hope my children enjoy them someday with their children on range trips. Quality revolvers have a real (pass it down) feel and sometimes look even better a little beat up.

I concur, sir......

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Bought a revolver once just to try to get into them, ended up selling it. They look cool but they have no practical advantage over a semi-auto for me.

As much as it'll rustle some jimmies here I consider them all but obsolete.

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Bought a revolver once just to try to get into them, ended up selling it. They look cool but they have no practical advantage over a semi-auto for me.

As much as it'll rustle some jimmies here I consider them all but obsolete.

So you're about 25 years old? :)

Dave

dtrice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    Metarie, LA
    Different strokes for different folks. I love revolvers, although I only own 1. I'd love to have a ruger super red hawk alaskan one day, if they weren't so expensive.

thustead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    houma
    Love a revolver for its reliability, pull trigger gun goes bang every time, that is why one sits on my night stand in .357 dressed in Crimson Trace

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom