When did Bayou Shooters become a forum of Trolls?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I ask because when some folks post a story to maybe help others learn from their mistakes, or experience, the trolls are quick to come out and either interject their unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments. There are several posters here that have to say something on almost every post. You guys must live a sad f'n life. Y'all seem to think you are smarter and better than everyone else. This was a great place when Spanky owned it, and now sometime you'll get a warning when one of the moderator's don't like your opinion or you hurt someone's feeling. We need to respect others who post stories to inform us of things that happened and quit Monday morning quarterbacking when it's obvious you were not there and don't know the facts. Here is an example of a comment from a recent attempted car jacking" why didn't you backup or drive around them?" Well obviously he has never been on that road to see there was no option to go around.( telephone poles, fence, fire hydrants, etc.) So if you don't know the facts don't make comments on what I should have done, or what you would have done. You weren't there. I'm sure said trolls will have a field day with this post. .....Rant over....let the flaming begin in 1,2......

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It's not just Bayoushooter. The entire internet has become "hyper critical". Without a comment voting and ranking system (like Reddit) it's going to be difficult or impossible to have any meaningful discussion in a forum format now a days. Even on Reddit it doesn't really work unless it's a huge subreddit community that can outrank the trolls. The smaller, local sub-Reddits will be just as hyper critical as a forum.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    A Forum of Trolls ???

I thought this was a Classified Ad forum :dunno:
    Sadly, that’s about all it’s good for most days.

Because it’s allowed
    Because double standards
    Because one member trolling is another member trying to save the site from giving bad info that don’t jibe with that member’s info.
    Because sometimes a member (in their words even) admits to saying something to get a rise out of somebody, and although that’s the definition of trolling, they don’t admit that it’s trolling.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sadly, that’s about all it’s good for most days.

Because it’s allowed
    Because double standards
    Because one member trolling is another member trying to save the site from giving bad info that don’t jibe with that member’s info.
    Because sometimes a member (in their words even) admits to saying something to get a rise out of somebody, and although that’s the definition of trolling, they don’t admit that it’s trolling.

AW man, You know the deal, Next someone's gonna claim Gunkid is on here....lol

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I used to get on daily. Good info, good convo, occasional classifieds, current events, etc.. the last few months, I get on once a week or so, click on new posts, and it’s almost ALL classified stuff. A lot of which are wtb and wts ads from people who obviously only joined for the classifieds.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Probably my 1st troll post since I've been here on BS! I think you were the only one to get it! hahaha -- my past gives me a semi-demented humor!
    Just bustin' on ya Vigilante!! Stay warm my friend!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    We need to respect others who post stories to inform us of things
    You posted cops are no good and will not stop for them, and addtionaly posted you ran from them with a plate flipper to the point they blew a motor. And will continue to do so.
    And anyone who calls you on It is a troll.
    Do you own a mirror?

Last edited:

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    You posted cops are no good and will not stop for them, and addtionaly posted you ran from them with a plate flipper to the point they blew a motor. And will continue to do so.
    And anyone who calls you on It is a troll.
    Do you own a mirror?

I didn't say all cops are no good. We all did stupid stuff in the past, you included. I don't run anymore, but I do have gadgets. Lots of hypocrites in uniform but I still support the blue.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Yes I openly admit, I'm also glad they burned up that old Malibu that was chasing me, they couldn't even get past 90 before it started smoking and pull to the shoulder. I'm old and tired of all the bullcrap and not going to take it anymore. I used to be a cop, got plenty friends that are cops, but some don't deserve to wear the badge.
    And you expect no one to call you on it.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    For me the sad part is that some of the trolling comes from members who have a vast practical knowledge of firearm topics.
    Many times their posts are incredibly informative and trustworthy sources of information.
    But then they see an open opportunity to post trolls and take it.
    This hurts their credibility in the long run which is a shame.
    I’ve no doubt that in real life they’re great people but get them on a forum and they act differently.

Top Bottom