When do you open fire in a riot?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • srscott

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    SWLA
    So, the rap artists were on Thursday night. Are we to gather that the promoters didn't think the need to get up and go to work/school the next morning would be a problem for the expected audience.

Skool...werk? whatz dat?

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Bouncing welfare checks, worthless LA Purchase, no electricity so no A/C in the hood, no food to be found.....

Where ya gonna go ??

When can you fire ?? I say when you are in fear for your life or that of another and there is no other reasonable course of action...oh and you have money for a lawyer strong enuff to take on the Sharptonites or the NAACP, either one of which will push to indict no matter if they believe you were justified.

As far as leaving after I get the family in the truck...think thru your target grasshoppa

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Perhaps the right time to draw your weapon and fire, is when you have serious concern it will be taken from you, and used against you. Assuming no other weapons are present.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    I think the right time to fire is when you feel it is necessary. To be honest, legal games and after incident courtroom drama have never really been a concern of mine. I carry a weapon to protect my family. Bottom Line. End of sentence.
    If I feel like firing my weapon is necessary to get my family out of a potentially deadly situation, then I'm pulling the trigger. I don't think for two seconds that the "is this going to be considered a good shoot?" question should be involved in your analysis of the situation.
    Now, I do advocate asking that question before you find yourself in that situation. Then, you can conduct and prepare yourself accordingly. Riots don't just happen. You're going to be in a place, or at an event with a large number of like minded individuals. Or, you are going to receive word from friends, or news sources, that a large group of like minded individuals is gathering somewhere. My plan is to avoid any and all events where this is the circumstance. That doesn't mean that I will be able to avoid any chance of being the victim in an attack like this. It does mean, however, that if it happens, and I have to pull the trigger and take someone's life, then regardless of the legal aftermath and games, I can meet God face to face and honestly tell him that I took every precaution to avoid it and had no choice.
    My personal opinion on the entire situation is that my family and I aren't going to any gathering whose main stage event is a Rap artist. I feel the same about Mardi Gras, as much as the kids and wife want to go, my vehicle doesn't cross the Orleans' parish line on Fat Tuesday.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Depending on the size of the crowd you may not have enough ammo.

If you were in your car and could NOT run them over I would wait until A window broke or something of that nature. Drawing the attention of the rest of them would be like a scene from a zombie movie.

If you were on foot, I don't think there is much you can do other than take a few down with you. Depending on how serious the thugs are will be what determines your chances of survival.

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    If you did fire do you honestly think they would hang around and try to attack you. They would scatter like roaches when you turn on the lights. No one wants to be the chump that catches a bullet. If I witnessed a crowd of any race attacking groups of people like me and with weapons at that they would never get close enough to me without a shot being fired. Conserve ammo and I don't shoot to kill, but shoot until the threat ceases to be a threat period.

Last edited:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Sorry I have to ask this........just courious who here would be there ANYWAY?
    I understand the question and very valid to some degree, BUT this is one of those situations you have to ask......WHY did YOU put yourself and OR FAMILY in this situation ANYWAY?

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I think the right time to fire is when you feel it is necessary. To be honest, legal games and after incident courtroom drama have never really been a concern of mine. I carry a weapon to protect my family. Bottom Line. End of sentence.
    If I feel like firing my weapon is necessary to get my family out of a potentially deadly situation, then I'm pulling the trigger. I don't think for two seconds that the "is this going to be considered a good shoot?" question should be involved in your analysis of the situation.
    Now, I do advocate asking that question before you find yourself in that situation. Then, you can conduct and prepare yourself accordingly. Riots don't just happen. You're going to be in a place, or at an event with a large number of like minded individuals. Or, you are going to receive word from friends, or news sources, that a large group of like minded individuals is gathering somewhere. My plan is to avoid any and all events where this is the circumstance. That doesn't mean that I will be able to avoid any chance of being the victim in an attack like this. It does mean, however, that if it happens, and I have to pull the trigger and take someone's life, then regardless of the legal aftermath and games, I can meet God face to face and honestly tell him that I took every precaution to avoid it and had no choice.
    My personal opinion on the entire situation is that my family and I aren't going to any gathering whose main stage event is a Rap artist. I feel the same about Mardi Gras, as much as the kids and wife want to go, my vehicle doesn't cross the Orleans' parish line on Fat Tuesday.

I think thats right, the best defense is just pick smart places to be, still, some of the people who have been charged in what look like justifiable shootings have lost jobs, house, family...everything...the truth in court is DA and the public budget vs your lawyer and your money ( stuff )

On a good day ...in court we will face 1 grumpy old judge and 12 people not smart enough to get off jury duty, they won't care much for the law but what the lawyers are wearing and how theatrical they are.

Me, if push came to shove in a mob scene I'm leaving, and I really hope it's with everyone still standing but just the same , I'm leaving

Not a pretty pic in any way...not much at all like Clint Eastwood eating a hot dog or smokin a cigar after handlin up on some BG's

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    If you did fire do you honestly think they would hang around and try to attack you. They would scatter like roaches when you turn on the lights. No one wants to be the chump that catches a bullet.

Ten years ago maybe scatter...now the thugs are MUCH better trained and armed and most are looking to prove...or just loaded and hoping for a chance. I would heavily bet that in a real mob scene if you shoot it will come back

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    When I was a freshmen in high school, I was at the first football game of the season with 4 friends. We were riding home with one of thems dads. The school is in a bad part of town. The back side of it is where they all gather after the game (where the white people usually don't park), and my friends dad happened to park there. After the game we were all walking towards the truck, through the big crowd, knowing a few of them from school. We get behind the truck (yes we were riding in the bed of the truck, us four), and notice the crowd started to really gather into a little circle. Then they started walking towards us, surrounding the truck, swinging into the bed of the truck where we were. They even had an "adult" in front of us blocking the road. After a few seconds of panic the dad finally put in reverse and accelerated and went through ditch and got out of the way as they chased down the road. I told myself from that moment on to NEVER put myself into that situation. NEVER. I actually know a couple of who was in the crowd swinging at us, karma is a BITCH.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    As soon as you can get you're hand on it. But did you read the performers at the fair? Tone loc, mc hammer, and some other "gangsta" pretty sure I wouldn't be at that monkey festival anyway
    Tone Loc & Young MC gangsta??:mamoru:

The guy that made "Bust a Move" gangsta?

These guy usually hip-hop party tunes about picking up women.
    They would even be considered "Pop".

:)

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I am a Blues/Funk/Classic rock drummer. Blues/Funk is Black as the ace of spades in its roots yet you don't see this kind of carp at those events like you do with these rap acts. It is a different crowd although I seem to recall one Funk fest that got pretty bad race wise not THAT long ago... I just don't know. It scares the heck out of me.

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    I'd fire as soon as I felt my life was in danger and worry about the rest afterwards. There's no reason to worry about tomorrow if you don't make sure you make it there to begin with.

supertramp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2011
    That concert was at the Main Stage which is a small part of the State Fair Grounds. I would guess that a lot of people who went to the Wisconsin State Fair didn't even know that concert was scheduled or they might have avoided going.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom