When everything normalizes how much are you going to

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bakerman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    St Tammany
    All I've got to say, if it ever comes to the point that we actually think we need and might possibly use all these 1000's of rounds of ammo that we are hoarding......we as a nation and people are in a situation that I for one hope, I or my kids are not around to witness :)

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    There was a time when I would have answered this truthfully.

But in today's clime........

THIS! Why do so many want to post how much ammunition, where it is stored, how many guns and where they are located, how many guns you carry and where they are on your person?
    People that know me know I own and carry a pistol and I have ammunition for it.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Maybe we will never "need"- maybe we just choose to because we want to. But either way- it's still none of the nosey antis' damn business.

And that's the part they hate the most. :D

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    THIS! Why do so many want to post how much ammunition, where it is stored, how many guns and where they are located, how many guns you carry and where they are on your person?
    People that know me know I own and carry a pistol and I have ammunition for it.
    I agree and disagree with you. Telling people the specifics and all could be bad for you, but at the same time in order to answer a question on a good way to do something, you kinda have to share what you consider a good way is...which is often the way that you do it. Telling people that you have six different pistols and you like X pistol the best is probably not a biggie, but telling someone that you have six pistols and you keep pistol A on the fridge, pistol B in a drawer in your bathroom, and etc seems kinda out of place. I think we can all generally assume that most people on this forum probably have a decent chunk of ammo if they can afford it as well as accompanying guns as well (except for certain people who buy mags for guns they don't have...which I still don't get :P )

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    My evil gun's and ammo lye here, I do have a old double that Biden said was ok !

Attachments

• sunk_boat_bw.jpg
      sunk_boat_bw.jpg
      31.1 KB · Views: 61

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    The next "gun ban scheme" is being revealed right before our very eyes.

How many people have guns now, but no ammo for them?

What good is a gun with no ammo? They don't have to ban guns, folks. It's just like having a car, but no gasoline to fuel it with.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    The next "gun ban scheme" is being revealed right before our very eyes.

How many people have guns now, but no ammo for them?

What good is a gun with no ammo? They don't have to ban guns, folks. It's just like having a car, but no gasoline to fuel it with.

I have been thinking the exact same thing. The Lake City plant can pump out 4 million rounds a day. Granted this is in different calibers and I'm sure a lot is going to the Armed Forces but how many other plants can put out the same or more? I know demand has risen dramatically but I can't help but wonder where are all of the bullets going?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The commercial manufacture of new ammunition is insanely expensive to start up to compete with the big boys. Putting the components together is the easy part, the automated equipment that make components cost in the millions of dollars. There are some fairly large ammo companies hand feeding hydraulic presses to produce their bullets and other components, the automation step doesn't come in until hey put the rounds together.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I have heard the figure of 1 BILLION rounds are manufactured per week. I don't know how true that is, but think about it. 1 billion per week and they can't keep up with demand.

bakerman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    St Tammany
    I have been thinking the exact same thing. The Lake City plant can pump out 4 million rounds a day. Granted this is in different calibers and I'm sure a lot is going to the Armed Forces but how many other plants can put out the same or more? I know demand has risen dramatically but I can't help but wonder where are all of the bullets going?

I believe Lake City just does rifle rounds and larger munitions, the bulk of the pistol cartridges for the government are contracted out to commercial companies. There was no shortage up until there was all the talk of limiting ammunition purchases....then the hoarding started. That's all it is, everyone hoarding anything they can get their hands on. There will be a tipping point, when people finally figure out they have enough...then there will be a glut on the market, as all these companies have ramped up production to meet the demand, then the demand is going to drop greatly.
    Really, I doubt if there is actually that much more ammo actually being consumed (shot) than before December....everyone is just grabbing everything they can. It's called the herd mentality

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom