When to leave negative feedback….

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Well here we go…. I have given him ample time to contact me and tell me yes or no….

Attached are pictures of texts, the ad, and any other pertinent information…. It shows that he was active on Bayou Shooter after the texts also.

Attachments

• IMG_8206.jpeg
      IMG_8206.jpeg
      1.5 MB · Views: 45
    • IMG_8224.png
      IMG_8224.png
      724.5 KB · Views: 45
    • IMG_8225.png
      IMG_8225.png
      831.8 KB · Views: 48
    • IMG_8226.png
      IMG_8226.png
      890.1 KB · Views: 43
    • IMG_8227.png
      IMG_8227.png
      758.3 KB · Views: 44
    • IMG_8223.png
      IMG_8223.png
      655.8 KB · Views: 42
    • IMG_8221.png
      IMG_8221.png
      677.3 KB · Views: 43
    • IMG_8222.png
      IMG_8222.png
      551.3 KB · Views: 41
    • IMG_8247.png
      IMG_8247.png
      614.9 KB · Views: 40

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well here we go…. I have given him ample time to contact me and tell me yes or no….

Attached are pictures of texts, the ad, and any other pertinent information…. It shows that he was active on Bayou Shooter after the texts also.

"I can't make it tomorrow" implies he would be able to make it on some other day. He should have been more explicit as to if he were willing to meet at some other time of if he was no longer willing to meet with you.

The images of the text messages do not show that any deal had been made, only that you and he were scheduled to meet on saturday at 10. What you have posted doesn't show if you were trading something for his rifles, if you were buying them outright, or if you were meeting so you could see them in person before making a decision.

He gave you a 21 hour notice he wouldn't be able to make the meeting. That was nice of him. And while he should have been more explicit about future meeting, he doesn't really owe anyone an explanation.

Do you have the screenshots showing where a deal had been made?

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    "I can't make it tomorrow" implies he would be able to make it on some other day. He should have been more explicit as to if he were willing to meet at some other time of if he was no longer willing to meet with you.

The images of the text messages do not show that any deal had been made, only that you and he were scheduled to meet on saturday at 10. What you have posted doesn't show if you were trading something for his rifles, if you were buying them outright, or if you were meeting so you could see them in person before making a decision.

He gave you a 21 hour notice he wouldn't be able to make the meeting. That was nice of him. And while he should have been more explicit about future meeting, he doesn't really owe anyone an explanation.

Do you have the screenshots showing where a deal had been made?
    Yea I have all the messages. I’m not trying to put all my business out there. I’m also not trying to smear his name. I gave the information from the texts as a courtesy. I don’t need to prove anything to anyone. Clearly there was a deal made between the two of us and if you can’t see that then it’s on you. I’m not trying to make a case or to get everyone to not like this person, I’m just trying to give an example that when someone does make a deal with you they either can go through with it or back out. It’s the common courtesy of communication that I’m trying to convey here. The pictures clearly show that he is not responding to anything I have text him and it shows that the messages were delivered and not read for a reason. A simple no thank you I changed my mind, hey I got busy, hey I’m an ATF agent and I was just trying to see what kind of firearms you have…. I’m starting to think this forum is filled with agents…. We have one guy that only sells high dollar items that are way to expensive for us normal folks on here…. Hey what do I know…. Just funny how the trade to selling ratio has dipped so drastically and nobody is buying anything. Same stuff for sale every day and nothing moving…. I’ll grab the popcorn and my tinfoil hat and wait patiently….

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yea I have all the messages. I’m not trying to put all my business out there. I’m also not trying to smear his name. I gave the information from the texts as a courtesy. I don’t need to prove anything to anyone. Clearly there was a deal made between the two of us and if you can’t see that then it’s on you.

No, it's not clear a deal was made. It's clear a meeting was set up. That's it.

I’m not trying to make a case or to get everyone to not like this person, I’m just trying to give an example that when someone does make a deal with you they either can go through with it or back out. It’s the common courtesy of communication that I’m trying to convey here. The pictures clearly show that he is not responding to anything I have text him and it shows that the messages were delivered and not read for a reason. A simple no thank you I changed my mind, hey I got busy, hey I’m an ATF agent and I was just trying to see what kind of firearms you have…. I’m starting to think this forum is filled with agents…. We have one guy that only sells high dollar items that are way to expensive for us normal folks on here…. Hey what do I know…. Just funny how the trade to selling ratio has dipped so drastically and nobody is buying anything. Same stuff for sale every day and nothing moving…. I’ll grab the popcorn and my tinfoil hat and wait patiently….

I agree 100% that he should have been more explicit and a "no thank you" would have been appropriate. But if your goal was to give an example of lack of common courtesy in communication, you could have done that without listing who it was. You keep talking about a deal having been made but you're not interested in showing a deal has been made? If you don't want to put your business out there, that's on you. But in this case, your business is integral to your complaint. You haven't shown a guy backed out of a deal with no explanation. You've shown a guy canceled a meeting and gave you a 21 hour advanced notice.

If someone made the claim against you that you backed out of a deal and ghosted them, would you feel it's only right for them to show what deal was actually made?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How should the admins here handle it? How should they determine which feedback is justified and which isn't?
    that is correct.. i know this isnt the "other sites" but you can publicly/privately discuss and display proof of screen shot of text messages, time stamps, and proof of agreement of meeting and welching ect... its pretty easy.. and deff saves the smearing of a good members name and allows everybody else to see who is the bad egg and help them make the decision next time... if it was ever a issue of no evidence then a neutral feed back was allowed

As I hope you can see, it's not always easy. You have one member with bad communication skills who went silent after cancelling a meeting with 21 hours advanced notice. No explanation was given. But under what circumstances should one be required to give an explanation? There's nothing to show he welched on a deal because no deal was shown to have been struck. How would you handle this situation?

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    As I hope you can see, it's not always easy. You have one member with bad communication skills who went silent after cancelling a meeting with 21 hours advanced notice. No explanation was given. But under what circumstances should one be required to give an explanation? There's nothing to show he welched on a deal because no deal was shown to have been struck. How would you handle this situation?
    Roflol it’s official…. Thperez is a FED…. We are all in trouble… :dogkeke: :bravo: :awais::doh:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is a great thread. It's a great illustration of what the mods deal with pretty often.

-A member complains that another member was mean to them. (post 81)

-The information provided is looked at to see what is bad, neutral, and good. If something is not obvious or if pertinent information is left out, more information is requested. (post 83)

-The member gets his feelings hurt that a mod didn't accept what he said without question so they lash out at the site or the mod. (post 84)

-A second attempt is made to try to get the missing information, usually with an attempt to explain why the missing information is being requested. (post 85)

-The member attempts to attack the mod rather than attempts to solve the issue. (post 88)

At some point in the future, the member complains in some thread having had turned the facts around to believe the mods were unwilling to help him, forgetting that he was the one who didn't provide the needed info to the mods to allow them to help him.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yea I have all the messages. I’m not trying to put all my business out there. I’m also not trying to smear his name. I gave the information from the texts as a courtesy. I don’t need to prove anything to anyone. Clearly there was a deal made between the two of us and if you can’t see that then it’s on you. I’m not trying to make a case or to get everyone to not like this person, I’m just trying to give an example that when someone does make a deal with you they either can go through with it or back out. It’s the common courtesy of communication that I’m trying to convey here. The pictures clearly show that he is not responding to anything I have text him and it shows that the messages were delivered and not read for a reason. A simple no thank you I changed my mind, hey I got busy, hey I’m an ATF agent and I was just trying to see what kind of firearms you have…. I’m starting to think this forum is filled with agents…. We have one guy that only sells high dollar items that are way to expensive for us normal folks on here…. Hey what do I know…. Just funny how the trade to selling ratio has dipped so drastically and nobody is buying anything. Same stuff for sale every day and nothing moving…. I’ll grab the popcorn and my tinfoil hat and wait patiently….

You already said it was a 3 gun for 2 gun deal. You're welcome to take screenshots of the conversation and edit out the names of the specific items. The items themselves are not important. What's important is that offers were made and accepted by both parties.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    You already said it was a 3 gun for 2 gun deal. You're welcome to take screenshots of the conversation and edit out the names of the specific items. The items themselves are not important. What's important is that offers were made and accepted by both parties.
    Wait I think you got me confused with someone else. I’m not complaining, I’m not trying to get the Mods involved, I’m not trying to involve anyone trying to do anything. I was just putting the information out there so everyone else can be aware of what happened to me. I don’t give 2 craps about any of this lol. I absolutely understand that yall don’t get paid to babysit and I’m old enough to not need a babysitter. This entire thread was to make the regular guys aware of what another person was doing and that’s it. I’m not going to waste your time with something like this unless it was a regular problem. Asking Mods to step into anything should be a last resort for all of us. Clearly you aren’t “law enforcement” and have no authority to enforce anything, but at least if someone is breaking the site rules you can kick them out. And like I said before I’m not trying to bring any heat on this guy. I was just getting a consensus on how everyone felt about it. We are all supposed to be helpful to each other and I appreciate everyone who has had great interactions with me. I hope everyone stays civil with each other. But there are some people on here that get butt hurt often lol…. :dunno::bigok:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wait I think you got me confused with someone else. I’m not complaining, I’m not trying to get the Mods involved, I’m not trying to involve anyone trying to do anything. I was just putting the information out there so everyone else can be aware of what happened to me. I don’t give 2 craps about any of this lol. I absolutely understand that yall don’t get paid to babysit and I’m old enough to not need a babysitter. This entire thread was to make the regular guys aware of what another person was doing and that’s it. I’m not going to waste your time with something like this unless it was a regular problem. Asking Mods to step into anything should be a last resort for all of us. Clearly you aren’t “law enforcement” and have no authority to enforce anything, but at least if someone is breaking the site rules you can kick them out. And like I said before I’m not trying to bring any heat on this guy. I was just getting a consensus on how everyone felt about it. We are all supposed to be helpful to each other and I appreciate everyone who has had great interactions with me. I hope everyone stays civil with each other. But there are some people on here that get butt hurt often lol…. :dunno::bigok:
    You provided screenshots that showed this guy cancelled a meeting and gave you a 21 hour notice. Then he didn't respond to your texts. He clearly wasn't interested in continuing the negotiation. Put on you big boy pants and move on. There are other deals out there. If it's that important to you, leave feedback for him. Instead, you drug this out 5 days because you "didn’t want to ruin someone’s Christmas without knowing their side of the story" as if it you had some bombshell revelation coming.

So thank you for helping out all of us regular guys. We now know he's the type of guy to not wait until the last minute to call off a meeting.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    You provided screenshots that showed this guy cancelled a meeting and gave you a 21 hour notice. Then he didn't respond to your texts. He clearly wasn't interested in continuing the negotiation. Put on you big boy pants and move on. There are other deals out there. If it's that important to you, leave feedback for him. Instead, you drug this out 5 days because you "didn’t want to ruin someone’s Christmas without knowing their side of the story" as if it you had some bombshell revelation coming.

So thank you for helping out all of us regular guys. We now know he's the type of guy to not wait until the last minute to call off a meeting.
    :doh::deadhorse:Let me know where you got your big boy pants and I’ll go get some…. Also I don’t consider you a “regular guy”…. You’re a Mod and have more privileges than us lol. I am definitely going to hold you to a higher standard. :hi5: Teamwork makes the dream work!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    :doh::deadhorse:Let me know where you got your big boy pants and I’ll go get some….

I'll ask my wife. She usually gets them for me.

Also I don’t consider you a “regular guy”…. You’re a Mod and have more privileges than us lol. I am definitely going to hold you to a higher standard. :hi5: Teamwork makes the dream work!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom