When will Louisiana's new gun law go into effect?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I find it really strange that nothing has come out yet on details on what plans to be done with this. I'm really wondering if the tards knew what they were doing when they put it on the ballot. The wording really opens doors.

'scuse me? Tards?

Don't tell me you're one of those "reasonable gun control" advocates.

... oh no!. I was just simply reffering to politicians in general. Seems like they could have ironed out some of the details and had a planed release for what it would change in detail to avoid confusion.

Or maybe the gun advocates that crafted this thing knew exactly what would happen, knew it would be used to challenge some unconstitutional laws, but worded it benignly so that it wouldn't scare the hell out of the sheeple and the CCW Instructors.

I was thinking this exact thing. Seems like they acted like they were cracking a window and tore off a wall instead.

:rofl:

And those against were using the argument that this type of stuff should be handled by the Legislature.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yea, I'll be honest, the best chance for this succeeding was having people NOT focusing on their "Well everyone should own guns... EXCEPT" and "Guns are great and people should be able to carry them... EXCEPT" emotional ********.

That's how we end up with Jim Crow laws, "For the Children" ********, and the mentality of "liberty for everyone except people I don't like" type of crap.

ETA: And the crap like "NO HONEST MAN needs more than 10 rounds in any gun"

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Back in DUH DAY I say:}

Back in DUH DAY ?

pn871sbeo87kv39lgux.jpg

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    LouisianaBoth houses of the Louisiana legislature have already passed a constitutional amendment that would severely limit the government's capacity to regulate firearms, this would include eliminating the requirement for a permit in order to carry a firearm concealed, as well as many other state and local restrictions on firearms, excluding discharge, which will remain under the control of local and parish governments. Having already been approved by the legislature, the proposed amendment will be voted on by the citizens of the state on November 6th. A simple majority is needed for it to pass.

On November 6th, 2012 Louisiana joined Vermont, Alaska, Arizona, and Wyoming in constitutional carry. Act 874 (SB 303) passed with an overwhelming vote of 73.46% (1333276 votes yes, 481703 voted no). The new laws take effect in January

This was on Wiki page for constitutional carry. Any truth to this?

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    LouisianaBoth houses of the Louisiana legislature have already passed a constitutional amendment that would severely limit the government's capacity to regulate firearms, this would include eliminating the requirement for a permit in order to carry a firearm concealed, as well as many other state and local restrictions on firearms, excluding discharge, which will remain under the control of local and parish governments. Having already been approved by the legislature, the proposed amendment will be voted on by the citizens of the state on November 6th. A simple majority is needed for it to pass.

On November 6th, 2012 Louisiana joined Vermont, Alaska, Arizona, and Wyoming in constitutional carry. Act 874 (SB 303) passed with an overwhelming vote of 73.46% (1333276 votes yes, 481703 voted no). The new laws take effect in January

This was on Wiki page for constitutional carry. Any truth to this?

Half of it is true. It is still illegal to carry a concealed handgun without a permit. Someone must either be turned down for a permit or violate the law to challenge it.

Top Bottom