Where do you get your news?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Where do you get your news?

• Fox News - MSM Right

Votes: 23 46.0%
    • CNN, MSNBC - MSM Left

Votes: 5 10.0%
    • DrudgeReport

Votes: 15 30.0%
    • Online Blogs - Global Research, ZeroHedge etc

Votes: 7 14.0%
    • Internet Papers - HuffPost, Blaze, Brietbart etc.

Votes: 12 24.0%
    • Alternative Media - Pete Santilli, Alex Jones, BeforeItsNews.com

Votes: 6 12.0%
    • PBS/NPR

Votes: 4 8.0%
    • Limbaugh, Hannity

Votes: 13 26.0%
    • BayouShooter.com

Votes: 28 56.0%
    • I really could care less

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Just wondering where the members get their news. I use multiple sources and was just wondering about everyone else.

Multiple options can be choosen.

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    A mix of everything, I guess.

CNN, Fox, NPR... pretty much nothing from the internet, though, beyond what members here post-- and to that end, most of that is not news so much as opinion and fear mongering.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I just throw sticks up in the air to choose where the news comes from. That or tea leaves. Now once the chosen outlet starts telling me the designer of the dress the pretender Queen wore at the coronation, or any semblance of useless brain drain like that; they have to sit out for a few weeks before they go back in the tea cup! ;)

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    PBS Newshour because I can't stand the three major evening news programs and they are as close to neutral as any. Plus it's 55min long instead of 22min so they cover stories more in depth. Plenty of topics on BayouShooter to learn some things. I also check Google News just to see what is trending outside of the other two sources.

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Gave up on all. Usually browse Yahoo for headlines. Then wait several days when most of the facts are out, then research it on WSJ(online), Advocate (print), Local morning radio, NYT(online), and Reuters(online). I will also try to research some of the back story to thhe event (i.e. history behind the fighting in syria). I figure waiting will prevent me from being misled by sensationalized and inaccurate stories that everyone runs just so they can be the first with breaking news; and multiple sources allow me to glean objective reporting snip-its.

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For local I use the WAFB website and then cross reference it with the advocate. For US news I check Fox, CNN and Yahoo, picking out the meat of the stories. I will usually watch or read articles from BBC for world news, but before making an opinion I usually will read articles from several outlets. In order to keep up with Iran, Gardere Lane and what the First Lady is wearing in public you really have to constantly be reading throughout the day...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    For local I use the WAFB website and then cross reference it with the advocate. For US news I check Fox, CNN and Yahoo, picking out the meat of the stories. I will usually watch or read articles from BBC for world news, but before making an opinion I usually will read articles from several outlets. In order to keep up with Iran, Gardere Lane and what the First Lady is wearing in public you really have to constantly be reading throughout the day...

:thumbsup:

Top Bottom