Where to find 300 win mag ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I just found a pretty good deal on a Browning xbolt Medallian 300 win mag. I would prefer to start out shooting factory match boat tail ammo in the 180 gr bullet range. From what I've been reading, it would seem the higher weight end of the scale shoots more consistently.

Does anybody have any brand or retailer preferences? I'm in new territory here and would appreciate some advice, thanks.

I also realize that the choices may limited and spendy to start out - and, I do have in mind a future that may include reloading (for consistency, bullet / powder choice, etc) so I haven't ruled that out yet. But, would like to at least get started with factory ammo.

Thanks in advance for your help / suggestions.

Marc Price
    Breaux Bridge

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    You have a great cal. finding ammo is expensive, reloading is lots of fun and cheaper than buying factory stuff,I started reloading when I was 15 years old, its not that hard to do, you just have to be careful... get any reloading manual, they all have a beginners loading section in the front of the manual... and their is plenty of help on this web site just ASK...
    I just found a pretty good deal on a Browning xbolt Medallian 300 win mag. I would prefer to start out shooting factory match boat tail ammo in the 180 gr bullet range. From what I've been reading, it would seem the higher weight end of the scale shoots more consistently.

Does anybody have any brand or retailer preferences? I'm in new territory here and would appreciate some advice, thanks.

I also realize that the choices may limited and spendy to start out - and, I do have in mind a future that may include reloading (for consistency, bullet / powder choice, etc) so I haven't ruled that out yet. But, would like to at least get started with factory ammo.

Thanks in advance for your help / suggestions.

Marc Price
    Breaux Bridge

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    300 win mag can be anywhere from 25 to 50 bucks a box and can be found at academy, and most reasonable sized supplies who you would typically go for gun stuff..

I have in it a TC Encore and love it..

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Thanks guys - I may be being too picky but, I'd like to find factory match grade 180gr boat tail just to see what the rifle will do (I've even looked at Nosler!)- most of the loads are hunting loads or have some sort of synthetic tip (prefer hornady, but they seem stuck on GTX, SST, non boat tail ammo.

I'm beginning to think I'll be spending about twice what I paid for the rifle on reloading stuff and a good scope - but, that's just a big oh, well?!

Still gonna be gun poor (and, I know, I'm not alone),
    Marc Price

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom