Where to find someone that can sew and cut some wood?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I have a boat I need some work done to and I'm not sure how to go about finding the resources for it.

I have a small bimini top that needs to be sewn. It's one piece of metal and the fabric needs to just go over the metal pole and sewn to itself. Seems like a real easy and basic job but I have no clue how to sew nor do I have a sewing machine.

I also need some wood cut to specific dimensions. Basically need to get a sheet of plywood and cut out an entryway to size and a countertop in the galley. The wood is going to have some curves on it and the entryway is going to need to be cut in two at a 45 degree angle so water doesn't drip in.

Willing to pay for someone's time, just not sure where to go to find this on the northshore. Currently the boat is in Slidell but I'm about to move it to a marina in Madisonville in the next 2-3 weeks.

ColbyLang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Lafayette
    There are a couple of upholstery marine shops around Lafayette. Namely Sterling and or Jeff's. I'm pretty sure they may be a bit far for you, but I've used them both and had great results each time. Also, to cut your door you may want to consult a cabinet shop. That's where I would start

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hey Bosco, I'm a carpenter and live in Slidell. I can come take a look at the wood work to be done. I'm not a seamstress but I can see if the Bimini top is within my abilities to fix. PM me here for my contact info.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Thanks to the guys who seriously responded :)

xobelkcat, my uncle actually helped me cut some wood this weekend and it's good enough for my needs so now I just need to get the bimini from mandeville and see if Keith can help me out (thanks Justharley4me!)

The boat is coming together nicely! Can't wait for more warm weekends.

Top Bottom