Where to get all the info on 1911's?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    The factory sights on all my 1911's are more than adequate for self defense shooting.
    You're not gonna stop to take careful aim in a close quarter situation should it ever arise.
    More like point and shoot. It is a .45 :D
    A39C2E20-91A4-40CF-A462-078A29A495EC.jpeg

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Being this one will be the "truck gun or plinker", I'm looking to find some decent sights that my 59 year old eyes can see good. You see I've spoiled myself over the years, my first pistol has a great trigger and very nice sights, and most everything after this has had the same. It's like learning how to drive a Corvette, everything else sucks after that!! lol

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I am 69. I took my first CHL class 10 years ago with my 1944 model USGI M1911A1. When I was done, there was a fist sized hole in the center of the target. My 79 year old factory sights are fine, and the original trigger is the best of all the guns I have/have had.

Attachments

• 1911.JPG
      1911.JPG
      687.4 KB · Views: 39

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I am 69. I took my first CHL class 10 years ago with my 1944 model USGI M1911A1. When I was done, there was a fist sized hole in the center of the target. My 79 year old factory sights are fine, and the original trigger is the best of all the guns I have/have had.
    It's not the sights as much as it's my eyes. But yes I understand. But I'm mainly a rifle shooter too which don't help.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    It's not the sights as much as it's my eyes. But yes I understand. But I'm mainly a rifle shooter too which don't help.
    Unfortunately for me, I understand this one too, making optics mandatory in most cases. I can not hunt without optics if there is enough humidity to fog lenses or if there's rain.

xcrunner214

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Being this one will be the "truck gun or plinker", I'm looking to find some decent sights that my 59 year old eyes can see good. You see I've spoiled myself over the years, my first pistol has a great trigger and very nice sights, and most everything after this has had the same. It's like learning how to drive a Corvette, everything else sucks after that!! lol
    Have you considered putting a red dot optic on your 1911? It's quite the game changer imo.

Top Bottom