Where to get: around Marksville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • michiganjfrog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    I've just recently relocated to the area from Monroe. A co-worker mentioned Pookie. The first time I went, he told me that AR's that are built aren't as good as the manufactured ones. The second time I went, I bought some ammo. When he swiped my card, he did it so hard he broke it in half. Suffice it to say my two experiences were not pleasant, and I'd rather do business elsewhere.

Anyone else know where to get stripped lowers? Thanks for the replies BTW

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I've just recently relocated to the area from Monroe. A co-worker mentioned Pookie. The first time I went, he told me that AR's that are built aren't as good as the manufactured ones. The second time I went, I bought some ammo. When he swiped my card, he did it so hard he broke it in half. Suffice it to say my two experiences were not pleasant, and I'd rather do business elsewhere.

Anyone else know where to get stripped lowers? Thanks for the replies BTW

There are a LOT! of asshats in the gun business and car business I have found. Any "niche" business, really. It's a pain finding a good FFL just like it is mechanic, barber, etc. Took me quite a while to find one where I live. What you can do is start calling people on this list and when one answers that you feel good about, go see them.

http://fflgundealers.net/louisiana-zip-codes.html

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Red River Rarities (732 Main St, Pineville, phone (318) 443-4405) will receive a firearm for you for (last time I checked, $35). Call and see if his FFL is on file at Essential Arms and to verify the cost of the transfer. If not, you'll have to pick up a copy of the FFL and send it to EA with your order and payment. EA then sends the receiver to Red River, you pay the transfer fee and fill out the paperwork, and take it home with you.

I wouldn't advise Sportsman's Paradise in Pineville, purely on a cost basis. Last time I ordered an EA receiver ($83) they tacked a $50 transfer fee on it, slightly more than the $35 charged in the past. That was a little costly and I haven't been back since.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom