Where to look for used guns?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iwhodat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    River Ridge, Louisiana
    You need to hit up the local pawn shops. I've found some great deals on firearms, just stopping at any pawn shop I see, while I'm cruisin around the city. You'd be surprised at what people will pawn off when they need cash.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Try Tri Parish Police Supply in Houma. You can look on their Facebook page and see what they have before you drive from Kenner. They have a lot of consignments with little mark up. Their prices on bone stock guns are not great, but their guns for sale still have nice accessories - good optics, bipods, grips, etc. They don't like to put stuff on the wall that has all of the good stuff stripped off. You can sometimes find a steal on something some guy put a lot of money into and is bored with it now.
    That guys prices are EXTREMELY high..ive been there a few times and he's never willing to negotiate even a few dollars off...

Houma auto parts(which is now sams firearms usually has a good ammount of stuff but all his new guns are priced retail if not just a few dollars higher but he'll negotiate just a little..

Now desselles(spell check) on grand caliou road,his prices are good and you can talk him down..
    I got a brand new ruger sr1911 for $150 cheaper that what I saw them going for everywhere else..same thing with a Henry 45/70 $100 cheaper, a like new sig sp2022 $200 cheaper And a X95 tavor for $500 cheaper than retail..

I don't know how he does it but man he's cheap..best kept secret in houma..

I like Jefferson gunoutlets selection on airline but 1 time about 4years ago I was short $10.... TEN DOLLARS on a $770 ar15 pistol and they refused to let me slide..i had to drive 20miles back home to get the $10 dollars lol...and them come to find out o could of ordered the same ar15 online for $700 free shipping..that was the last time i brought from them but I did go in there not to long ago and they do have a great selection

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I don't really shop on the Southshore, I like the pawn shops around Slidell, they have good prices and cool old guns(Pretty much all of them except Cash America). Arms merchant in Mandeville always has something, and has fair prices and something cool on consignment, in Robert there is a cool gold/gun shop by the Walmart distribution center that always has something neat. Its a shame Donovans Guns in Meterie is no more as that was a neat little shop. Always like to oogle the stuff in the gun library at Cabelas, and I always seem to be walking out with a new gun from Sportsmen Warehouse.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I've not had any luck with pawn shops. I figured they can all check the internet or gun broker even though they will give a $100 for a stock Ruger 10/22 or a $100 for a Kidd/Volquartsen 10/22

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom