Where to ride my ATV?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    So my HOA doesn't allow ATVs on the street. It isn't legal anyway. Riding in small circles in my backyard isn't cutting it... :-(

I want to ride my ATV in the off season to keep it in shape and for fun. I live in Covington.

Where can I go that is close by to run my ATV on a monthly basis? Hopefully within a 15 minute drive and free...

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    IPSC AND ATV!!! That's the ticket!

Now to figure how to make a quick getaway from the match. Hmmm... I could just hang my head in shame and sulk away after the last stage.

The ATV in the bed of my truck will be a certain give-away.

Hmmm... What are some good excuses for leaving everyone else to tear down after a match? I'm sure you guys have heard plenty of good ones! ;-)

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Do you live in my neighbor hood? They anal about 4 wheelers too. We go ride down cc rd in bedico alot. It's free but muddy depending on what type of bike u have

Tallow Creek - real close!

I see Bedico subdivision on the map off 1085 and CC Road around the corner off 22. Where exactly do you ride?

I'm not looking to get stuck in the mud. Just some fun while giving my ride some exercise.

When my ATV sits up, it starts running real bad, backfiring and stalling at idle speed. I end up getting a tune up every year just to keep it going.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Tallow Creek - real close!

I see Bedico subdivision on the map off 1085 and CC Road around the corner off 22. Where exactly do you ride?

I'm not looking to get stuck in the mud. Just some fun while giving my ride some exercise.

When my ATV sits up, it starts running real bad, backfiring and stalling at idle speed. I end up getting a tune up every year just to keep it going.

Some backfiring is normal in ATVs, such as when throttling down from a hard run at full throttle. But to be running along and it backfiring at a constant RPM, that could be a timing issue or running to lean or have an air leak in the intake system creating a lean condition.

Last edited:

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Some backfiring is normal in ATVs, such as when throttling down from a hard run at full throttle. But to be running along and it backfiring at a constant RPM, that could be a timing issue or running to lean or have an air leak in the intake system creating a lean condition.

Usually when throttling down but not just after a hard run at full throttle. Normal run at half throttle. I've always had trouble with it dying while idling and the rough running and backfiring just gets worse until I have it worked on. When I pick it up from the mech, it runs PERFECT...then slowly goes back to the same old...

This is why I'd like to keep it running. When I used to have 20 acres and rode it every week, it kept running fine back then. Now I live in a "development" with 1/4 of an acre. :-(

I've never used ethanol and have kept it well maintained. I have it marked on the calendar to pull it out of the shed monthly and run it in the yard but I get too busy with work and forget sometimes. Then it slowly starts crapping out on me.

I'm gonna do what I did last time and run some of that super engine cleaner in fresh gas. That fixed her up last time!

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Go to madisonville by the bridge and buy some non ethanol gas for it.
    That's all I use in my 4 wheeler, and lawn equipment.

Nevermind, I just saw that you don't run ethanol!

Nice to know I can get real gas around here. I've been hauling it from Houma.

Top Bottom