Where's Everybody Taking Old Dad on Sunday?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    My dad is not usually here on Father's Day so I was thinking a big Father's day breakfast or lunch for him. Dinner will probably be at home over something grilled with a few cold ones. Gotta cover both your bases you know?

Where's everybody taking the old man?

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Son #2 Just called we going to Middendorfs Sunday afternoon
    Daughter called breakfast at I-Hop Denham Saturday morning!
    Just waiting on last son lol:}

Grown and Gone kids GOTTA LOVE EM!!
    Also the grand kids are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Those of you who do still have dad around, do something with him. Most of us who no longer can wish we could....:(

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    My dad is working Sunday, so I gave him a Surefire G2 and some extra batteries yesterday. Just hung out for a while BS-ing and messing with cars. He always talks about my lights when we go hunting, but won't spend the money on himself.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm going to do the same thing I do every year: show up on his doorstep at about 10:30 or 11 and ask what's for lunch!

He went fishing yesterday, so I'm betting fried fish. /nom speckled trout.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    If anyone here wants to take their dad/husband/self out for fathers day at Sullivans Steakhouse, we are going to have some great features, and if you ask for me by name (Gavin), your first drink is on me. I am a manager there.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    It's one of the rare times anymore where I am actually in the same state as my Dad on Father's Day so I'm gonna be spending it how it aughta be spent.

Sittin' at the picnic table under the tree with the barbecue pit goin', and plenty of cold ones to cool us off.

Then I'm gonna probably head to Jefferson Barracks and go visit my paternal grandpa Sunday or Monday. Somewhere in the same timespan I'll go see my other grandpa at his house.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    My dad is working Sunday, so I gave him a Surefire G2 and some extra batteries yesterday. Just hung out for a while BS-ing and messing with cars. He always talks about my lights when we go hunting, but won't spend the money on himself.

Same here, Last year I got my Dad a Fenix LD01, some eneloops and a charger. He would never have spent that kind of money on a light before, but he seems to tell me how he used it every time I see him.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    If anyone here wants to take their dad/husband/self out for fathers day at Sullivans Steakhouse, we are going to have some great features, and if you ask for me by name (Gavin), your first drink is on me. I am a manager there.

Thanks. Keep that in mind.

It's one of the rare times anymore where I am actually in the same state as my Dad on Father's Day so I'm gonna be spending it how it aughta be spent.

My feelings exactly.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'll be taking my son to port hudson to visit his grandfather. Since he was born right before father's day last year we didn't go. By the age of 21 I outlived my father, and when my son turned 1 last week, he had spent twice as much time with his dad as I was able to with mine. I turned 30 last december, and last weekend, when we had my sons birthday, marked the 30th anniversary of my fathers passing. Fathers day has always held a special meaning for me, especially now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom