Which Glock do you use for CC?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which Glock do you use for CC?

• G19

Votes: 39 40.6%
    • G26

Votes: 36 37.5%
    • G30

Votes: 7 7.3%
    • G36

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    next time make your poll multiple choice since some of us carry more than one gun at a time and rotate due to environment, needs, anticipated threats, and or duty requirements.

Det.Blair

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Plaquemine, La.
    really? :eek3: new thread? :mamoru:

I am not an expert on calibers but I judge what I have seen in action. We had a police involved shooting on a trafiic stop several years ago where it was close and personal with our Deputy. Three shots two to the torso and one to the leg and he was 10-7 before he it the ground. I do not remember the ammo brand but it was 185 JHP. I am sure this will bring on debates but thats why we live in a free society so we can debate Huh!:D

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I just have a question, why there was no .40S&W model of the "perfection" added to the poll?????????????

We all know its an effective round regardless of what people claim, or departments wouldnt carry G22's on their hips.

Sorry to comment on you'alls post about Glocks.

Dogman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Of the four choices, I've carried three (never owned a G36). They all have their purposes and I wouldn't attempt to pick a favorite.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I am not an expert on calibers but I judge what I have seen in action. We had a police involved shooting on a trafiic stop several years ago where it was close and personal with our Deputy. Three shots two to the torso and one to the leg and he was 10-7 before he it the ground. I do not remember the ammo brand but it was 185 JHP. I am sure this will bring on debates but that's why we live in a free society so we can debate Huh!:D

It is an effective round no doubt, just not a big fan of it out of most handguns due to "snappiness" Kinda always figured you should choose 9mm or 45...unless your a real man, then of course 10mm. ;)

It doesn't offer me anything I cann not do out of a more controllable 9mm or a heftier .45. I view it kinda as a half-assed compromise between the capacity of the 9mm and the "stopping power" of a .45. it is however, ballistically adequate by most standards.

Det.Blair

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Plaquemine, La.
    Never shot a 10mm, so I can not say for my manhood.But the snappiness of the 40 is all about the shooter walking the walk, and talking the talk. Yeah I guess if you shoot someone in the foot it aint going to work. Its all about shot placement. I am ole school too and think a 357 mag. can do a hell of a job on a perp too.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Never shot a 10mm, so I can not say for my manhood.But the snappiness of the 40 is all about the shooter walking the walk, and talking the talk. Yeah I guess if you shoot someone in the foot it aint going to work. Its all about shot placement. I am ole school too and think a 357 mag. can do a hell of a job on a perp too.

What does that mean.

MOST .40 caliber guns are made on 9mm frames. It only stands to reason that putting a more powerful round in a gun designed for a less powerful round would result in some snappiness.

it would be like putting a 225HP Mercury on the back of a canoe.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I like the feel of a G-19.
    As for a .40 being more effective than a .9mm, I doubt it. It's all about "round placement"......Hitting a vital with either is going to accomplish the desired effect. Missing with either produces the very same effect. Maybe we should discuss grain instead.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I like the feel of a G-19.
    As for a .40 being more effective than a .9mm, I doubt it. It's all about "round placement"......Hitting a vital with either is going to accomplish the desired effect. Missing with either produces the very same effect. Maybe we should discuss grain instead.

yeah but the .40 is several hundredths of an inch wider so its easier to hit the vitals.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    If you guys could get past splitting hairs, you might realize that WHICHEVER weapon and caliber you choose to CC with, it takes practice!

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    I really don't have time to practice so I carry a 10mm.

I have to admit, I didn't know this little fact until the guy at the gun store who sold me all of my ninja supplies told me, but all you have to do is get close and the mighty 10 will take 'em down with just the shockwave! At first I didn't believe him but when he told me in confidence that he was an ex Marine sniper I knew it had to be true. (Just keep keep this little secret between us ok?)

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If you guys could get past splitting hairs, you might realize that WHICHEVER weapon and caliber you choose to CC with, it takes practice!

Well, consistent accurate round placment comes with practice, that's a given.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cruisewitro
    Top Bottom