Which member is using Hwy 10 as a shooting lane ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007

Franklinton man shot at highway signs from moving vehicle

A Washington Parish deputy was on patrol Monday, December 3rd when authorities say shots fired from an assault rifle passed near her vehicle.

The sheriff's office says the deputy began following the car where the shots came from and the driver led her on a high speed chase on Highway 10.

The pursuit reached speeds of 80 mph in the 55 mph zone and authorities say the driver crossed the center line multiple times during heavy fog.

The deputy was finally able to stop the vehicle on Highway 10 at Choctaw Road.

Four people were arrested. Joseph Michael Easterling of Franklinton is booked with aggravated assault on a police officer, illegal discharge of a firearm, criminal damage to property and open container. Authorities say he admitted to firing the weapon and said he thought wasn't doing anything wrong by shooting at highway signs.

Laken Breanna Magee of Franklinton was driving the car. She is booked with criminal mischief and reckless operation of a vehicle. She told police the group had been "hanging out" at Easterling's home, drinking beer and decided to ride around and shoot the weapon.

Tristen Blake Sullivan of Franklinton is booked with criminal mischief and open container. The car belonged to him, but he told authorities his driver's license was under suspension due to a previous DWI so he let Magee drive. He confirmed to deputies the group was bored and just wanted to have a little fun.

James Lynch of Bogalusa was also arrested. He was booked with criminal mischief and open container. He refused to comment.

The deputy who made the arrests also seized an AK-47 assault rifle loaded with a banana clip and 30 hollow-point cartridges, along with a .22 caliber LR modeled after an AR-15 assault rife.

Joseph+Michael+Easterling.JPG
    http://www.fox8live.com/story/20250140/four-arrested-and-assault-weapons-seized
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/northshor...-shooting-AK-47-out-of-vehicle-181904871.html

:dogkeke:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I hate those stupid mistakes they make in news reports. A little research would go a LONG WAY!

It's an assault PISTOL, damnit!

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Bwalke, I was wondering the same thing, they did not mention anything about the forward grip on the draco.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Wait, they seized his gunfire?

Those must be some damned fast hands they got, if they managed to capture the gunfire! That's some Mister Miyagi, catching a fly with chopsticks kind of stuff!

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    It was me. That cop had no reason to stop me. I clearly yelled going hot before firing. Then she searched my car without a warrant. What happened to "strict scrutiny"?

Lol

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Wait, they seized his gunfire?

Those must be some damned fast hands they got, if they managed to capture the gunfire! That's some Mister Miyagi, catching a fly with chopsticks kind of stuff!
    Maybe Neo works for WPSO...

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm so tired of stupid people. It's a good thing you don't have to be smart to be a reporter. Just remember how wrong they get things like this the next time you read a news report about something you aren't as knowledgeable about.

Top Bottom