Which Sig would you buy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    An old German 220 for $500.

Plus this -

http://store.tradingpostsupply.com/sgconv-220-22-t.html

You might be able to find a better price on the conversion, but I have one and it is one of my favorites, and this

http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=488

Make it as awesome as awesome can be.

If you don't plan to get a stamp, just the German 220 and the factory conversion with a regular barrel are the way to go.

The 220 is the only DA/SA gun I truly enjoy shooting.
    +1 what he said!

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    P229 Elite Dark was the last one I bought
    gunapprasial008-1.jpg

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    I agree with VG on the Sig NSW p226. I got one in a trade. It has the NSW serial number, gold anchor on the slide, special coating on the internals. Didn't know much about it when I got it (was offered to me in a trade for some rifle parts) but after firing it I was hooked. Something about it just clicks. It fits my hand, the trigger feels good, and I'm more accurate with it than any of my other pistols.

Last edited:

hdgnnr

itchy trigger finger
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    shreveport
    i picked up a used sigpro 2022 for 250 bucks not to long ago......i know its no elite model or anything but for what i paid its a shooter. I got it for my wife to learn with and
    its been great..........over 500 rounds down the pipe without a single malfunction of any kind. Im now thinking that Sig Tacops 45 with threaded barrel may be in my future.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I have bought two P226 Elite ST's. One was a POS, and one was flawless.

The POS: Take-down lever failure (lever pivoted around the rivet) w/in 1K rounds (9mm). Failure to extract anything plated about 40% of the time (Ranger T, Gold Dot, etc.). Trigger was HORRIBLE (I made it a LOT better with jsut some 400 grit sand-paper)
    The Flawless one: Never a single failure (about 700 rounds now, 357SIG), shoots around 1" at 25 yards. Trigger was decent. The SRT triggers just flat out suck. They have a gritty spot/hump in the middle of the pull, but this one wasn't bad.

I have read online (FWIW...) That SIG's QC is VERY hit/miss now. That was my above experience it seems, although SIG Did make it right at no cost to me, in a very quick manner.

I would try their new little pistol, I forgot what it is called, but it looks like it might be pretty awesome for a 9mm in a small package. Modeled after their P226. Still, I'm leery about SIG after my experiences and all the noise about what used to be a totally fan-whored company everywhere you went, back when the pistols were all made in Germany.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I don't know, but for $900 you can have my P220 Elite Dark with the aluminum stocks, night sights, two factory mags and two pro mags, original box and paperwork, oh yeah it also comes with the factory barrel plus a threaded barrel. Beautiful gun has the Short Reset Trigger, rail on front. Really could use the space and it's just a safe Queen. I think it's only had about sixteen rounds through it.

DocRoberts

I'm a computer.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Southwest Louisiana
    I'd get a P239 SAS and perhaps with the change left over snatch a Lasermax and some night sights. Would be a good winter carry gun in a pinch while still being fun to shoot.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I don't know enough about Sigs to say which one, but I think it is a discontinued model. My cousin got one from someone that made him promise to only sell it back to him. Of course I fell in love with it.

9mm around the size/capacity of a Glock 19, I'm pretty sure the slide was silver. The grip and trigger, omggggg 2 shots and I wanted the gun. I use to ask him the model # and look for it on Gunbroker, never got one.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom