Who camps/ RV's regularly?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    If you prefer lakeview camping, and who doesn't, you should give Paul B Johnson State Park a visit. Just south of Hattiesburg and an easy drive up I-59. The campsites wrap around the lake and this is the view

view-of-the-lake-from.jpg

I have been wanting to go there, I guess another road trip is needed, thanks

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    We go camping 6-8 times a year, ready to get back out there ASAP!!! I really like the paddle-in primitive sites at Lake Fausse Point State Park. You get a small island to yourself and the only people you see are in boats passing by. The fishing is decent in all the borrow canals and around the cypress trees in the lake!

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    Just got back from a 9 day trip, 4 at Paul B. Johnson outside of Hattiesburg and 5 days at Lake Guntersville, Al. It was not as cool as we hoped, but rain free until the morning I packed up.....of course.
    Paul Johnson from our site....
    IMG_20120923_143642_676.jpg

Never feed the geese, you will have friends for life.
    IMG_20120926_140308_814.jpg

And one of our regular morning visits at Lake Guntersville.
    IMG_20120928_084925_132.jpg

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Just got back from a 9 day trip, 4 at Paul B. Johnson outside of Hattiesburg and 5 days at Lake Guntersville, Al. It was not as cool as we hoped, but rain free until the morning I packed up.....of course.
    Paul Johnson from our site....
    IMG_20120923_143642_676.jpg

Never feed the geese, you will have friends for life.
    IMG_20120926_140308_814.jpg

And one of our regular morning visits at Lake Guntersville.
    IMG_20120928_084925_132.jpg

what site # is that at johnson?

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    We try to go every other weekend year round & a couple of 1 week trips also. We went to Elberta, Al. (just east of Foley Al.) for Labor Day week. I'll post some pics of the Motorhome later.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Scott, I'd say 6 months (IANADoctor though). You'd be through the bulk of the immunizations by then.

Itching to go camping again. Weather is getting nice.

Last edited:

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Scott, I'd say 6 months (IANADoctor though). You'd be through the bulk of the immunizations by then.

Itching to go camping again. Weather is getting nice.

You are telling the truth there. We are going in on Wednesday for our first child to be born, and I'm ready to get back camping. We just bought a 2004 A-liner (the model is like the modern Classic) I'm so ready to break that thing in.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Got 5 days reserved at Lake Lincoln outside of Brookhaven 12/19. It looks like it is just outside of the post apocolypse 12/21 flood zone. :)

I have always enjoyed Lake Lincoln. We have spent a lot of time there camping with family since it is essentially halfway for all parties.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    A-liner's are great! Congrats on the new arrival. You're going to be too busy for the next few months to go camping anyway but it'll give you something to look forward to!

Scott, post some pics of lake lincoln for me please. Brookhaven would be a good area for me to camp.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    A-liner's are great! Congrats on the new arrival. You're going to be too busy for the next few months to go camping anyway but it'll give you something to look forward to!

Scott, post some pics of lake lincoln for me please. Brookhaven would be a good area for me to camp.

Will do, and I'll see if my dad has any pictures for you also. He always takes a bunch of them compared to myself.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I camp often. I try to make it every month, but it usually ends up being every 6 weeks or so. I usually bring my boy, who's 5. I am not much for group camping too often. It's a time for me to get away from society and decompress. That said, I still do group camping every now and again as it's great fun... I just prefer the "me" time more often than not, when camping. I camp pretty lighweight. 3-4 days out of a backpack that's comfortable to hike all day in, and I'm happy. I want to get a camping hammock like a Warbonnet Blackbird, but I camp so much with my son, I am having trouble dumping the money on a solo-shelter.

I'm pretty opposed to RV camping :P I don't like the idea. It's opposite of what I do when I go camping. I also hate having to camp next to 30 other loud people with obnoxious kids.

I do a 'group camping' type thing every summer. The side of a mountain in June in Missouri. Weather ranges from 50F and lightning/thunder storms, to 95-100F and dry as ****. Spend 5 days up there with 40-50 people. Educational seminars, canoe trip, and normal camping stuff... lot of fun. It's a semi-private deal in that it's for members of a group only, though it's a giant group - it'd be kinda like if Bayoushooter had a camping event, to compare.

My last trip was to Chicot State Park and though there was some miscommunication and lack of intelligence from the employees that handled my entrance who made me camp in the RV/Camping area and nowhere else (assholes) my son and I did end up hiking out to some real nice areas down a couple of the long trails. I only had my GoPro with me so apologies for the fisheye. My son managed to dunk my digital camera a while back and I've yet to replace it.
    Trying to teach him about mushrooms and nuts:
    521703_4767723639948_979377008_n.jpg

3763_4767705879504_1698669300_n.jpg

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I am so ready to get back out camping. Anyone have an idea of how early is too early to take a kid camping?
    My parents had me camping in a tent with them when I was in diapers. They'd bundle me up tight between them when it got really cold.

I took my son camping for the first time when he was 4 years old I think. We did a quick overnighter as a 'test' at one of the little designated camping spots on the road that the shooting range is on, near Sherburne's Range near Krotz Springs. If you keep going down that gravel road, you'll see some camping areas up there... anyways, I took him there just to test how he would do in a camping setup, set up one day, spent the day hiking and wandering, ate some Clif bars on the walk, and came back to eat some Mountain House meals over my camping stove. I just wanted to make sure he was ok eating the food and wouldn't be a whiny brat the whole time, mainly.

From that day forward, if I tell my son "it's camping food" he'll eat just about anything because camping is the coolest thing in the world. He's a great naturalist. He soaks up knowledge well so long as I reinforce it.

Top Bottom