Who CCs a G19?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I've owned a G19 in the past, conceal carry a 26 now.
    Just from an educated guess, I assumed there wouldn't be much difference. I never had a holster for the 19...
    So now that I've carried a 26 for a few years, I feel that I wouldn't like the 19.
    Because sometimes, depending on dress, I can't keep the butt from poking out occasionally.
    But the main part, me having a sexy shapely body, sometimes the bottom of the holster almost pokes my leg when sitting.
    The extra length on the 19 would not be comfortable to me.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    What I discovered with IWB is that I have to contort my body quite a bit to get an adequate grip during the draw, which is not always possible in an SD situation. Grappled, in a vehicle, tight confines of any kind-- you get the idea.

On the flip side, I discovered an OWB is harder to clear with a cover garment. It took a lot of practice to feel competent, and even then I run into the occasional snag. Fortunately, I learned to tug like crazy, so the snags automatically clear-- but it's a PITA nonetheless.

I honestly ended up going OWB due to the size of the pistol, and not so much either of these two factors. And I still have to contort a bit with my OWB, as it holds it pretty high and tight.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I've taken to mostly just walking around with my gun in my hand both on duty and off. It enhances my mysteriousness.

Top Bottom