Who has the best grips for Colt Python?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have been wondering the same thing. After having a GLOCK and a KIMBER both malfunction, twice each, during a brief range session with Remington factory ball ammo, I wanna go back to carrying my Python. It always goes BANG and usually hits what it is aimed at.

Please let me know.

leVieux

thomjb

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Southern IN
    I have a pair of beautiful wood Hogues on mine, fit and feel great. No issues.
    I have have a set of real stag on a Smith 27 3.5" that also are great.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Colt quit making the Python about a decade ago. So many companies have discontinued making the stocks. I'd have to do an internet search to find out who still makes them or look for them on ebay or gunbroker or auction arms. The last I looked original Colt factory stocks for a Python were going into the $100 range or greater. So I'd be sure to keep the factory ones if I were replacing them. The Colt Trooper pre MKIII and MKIV uses the same stocks as does the older Colt 357 magnum. That was the model's name 357. The MKIII replaced the older Trooper in 1969 and the MKIV I think was 1981. So you'd be looking for stuff to find older weapons.

Dave

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    2 suggestions

I had a Ruger Security Six and years ago I ditched the stock wood grips for Pachmayr Presentations which was an improvement. I hadn't been used for a while but recently took it out of the safe and I decided to upgrade again. I put on Pachmayr Gripper Combat grips and they feel much better. They are molded with finger grooves so find a shop with some on a display and try them out.

My second suggestion is Laser grips from Crimson Trace. Just put a set on my Taurus CIA and like them alot.

Top Bottom