Who is a good defense lawyer for firearm-related issues?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman

Been there, done that
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 7, 2020
    SE Baton Rouge, La.
    Like you, I am a law abiding citizen who strongly supports 2A and who often exercises his rights granted by it. But if in the course of doing that I find myself in need of a criminal defense lawyer in the Baton Rouge area who is pro-2A and is familiar with firearm laws, whom should I call? If you would prefer to respond privately, feel free to PM me.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    James Boren.

For 40 years, James Boren has been a Baton Rouge criminal defense attorney who has successfully represented individuals, companies, and company employees in all types of criminal cases and quasi-criminal matters. Attorney Boren has been named in *Best Lawyers* in the United States and is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell*.
    Baton Rouge Criminal Defense Attorney - James E. Boren

Martindale-Hubbell collects data and profiles of lawyers and law firms across the United States and Canada. The Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating process has been in place for over one hundred years and is a reputable source for attorney reviews. The ratings reflect a lawyer’s legal ability and ethical standards.

What is Peer Review?
    Peer review is a process in which lawyers are reviewed by other lawyers and judges who have worked with that attorney. These professionals are knowledgeable about the lawyer’s overall quality of work and ethical reputation. Peer reviews represent a more complete and unbiased review of an attorney’s work than consumer reviews, which may be biased based on case outcomes or present an incomplete analysis of the attorney’s work.

How Does the Peer Review Process Work?
    Attorneys are eligible for a peer review rating after they have practiced law for three years. Martindale-Hubbell usually initiates the process, but attorneys can request review and nominate peer references. A wide sample of reviewers is consulted, and reviews from within the attorney’s own organization are not allowed. References are anonymous and are given by other attorneys or judges who have worked with the attorney being reviewed.

How are Attorneys Rated?
    According to Martindale-Hubbell, the ratings system is first a reflection of an attorney’s ethical standards. For a rating to be given, attorneys must be found to have high ethical standards. However, the lack of a rating does not indicate an attorney is unethical. Some attorneys have not been rated or have chosen not to participate in the rating process. The second aspect of the rating is to measure an attorney’s legal ability in 5 areas:

Legal Knowledge
    Analytical Capabilities
    Judgment
    Communication
    Experience

What is an AV Rating?

The AV rating is the highest rating granted to attorneys under the Martindale-Hubbell system. This rating indicates that the attorney’s peers rank him to be practicing law at the highest levels of excellence. Attorneys granted AV ratings have usually practiced law for many years and possess legal expertise in their field. The CV and BV ratings are usually granted to attorneys earlier in their careers.

Why Should You Care About an Attorney’s Rating?
    The Martindale-Hubbell system is an easy way to determine the quality of representation you can expect from any attorney you may hire. An AV rating indicates that lawyer has high ethical standards, exceptional legal ability, and significant experience. The rating eliminates the need for legal consumers to conduct extensive research before hiring an attorney. Hiring an attorney can be a complicated and nerve-racking experience. Choosing an AV rated attorney may eliminate some anxieties and provide reassurance of your attorney’s ability.

Last edited:

snowman

Been there, done that
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 7, 2020
    SE Baton Rouge, La.
    Thank you, JBP55, for your reply. I've been told by parents of an adult child facing a murder change that the lawyer cost starts at about $100,000. He's been in parish prison over three years without a trial.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I have a personal attorney, but I also have this:

https://www.uslawshield.com/

Go with USCCA... I've been a member since 2013 and I have actually needed to use them personally. Anytime day or night you will talk to an attorney in the event of an incident. Also, it is any instance of self defense, doesn't have to be a firearm. One price... $2,000,000 in coverage. Another good thing... 364 day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. If you don't like it... call them even one day before your coverage expires and you can cancel for a full refund.

I called their emergency line at 11:30 at night... in 10 minutes I was speaking to an ex district attorney that specialized in Gun cases. THAT PAID for the membership with one phone call.

I've researched all of the insurance services out there... USCCA comes in #1 on every rating and review I find. http://usconcealedcarry.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom