Who Makes an Awesome Lower?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I want to purchase a lower, preferably stripped so I can register it in case I ever want to put together an AR SBR. Who makes a kickass lower and does anyone have an extra one lying around they'd be willing to sell?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Awesome? Daniel Defense, Mega Machine or the awesomest in my book would be the new Noveske lower. I don't think they'll be available as a stripped lower for a while.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    I wasn't wearing my glasses and when I glanced at the screen I saw "Who makes an Awesome LoVer?". It caught my attention but when I opened it you were talking about rifles.....

Anyway, I had bought two Eagle Arms lowers and was completely happy with the builds. Eagle Arms is made by Armalite. If it's a complete rifle it will be stamped "Armalite" but if it's a lower only they stamp it "Eagle Arms". It's the same product, just different stamps. Then I discovered Essential Arms out of Krotz Springs. I've bought two of their lowers and can't beat the price and quality. I think you'd be pleased with the EA. Check out their website:

http://www.essentialarms.com/IEindex1.html

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    "Awesome Lower" would have to be either the Knights Ambi Lower or perhaps the new Noveske Flared Forged Lower.

A good lower would be pretty much any lower out there, as there is no (or should be no) differences between lowers from other big companies besides the roll marks. Of all the rest, I would choose Essential Arms since they're local, reasonably priced, and fit and finish is nice.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    What makes one lower better than another?

As far as "normal" lowers go they're pretty much all the same and all work fine.

As for "awesome" lowers, the higher end ones typically have better, more consistant machining and finish. And some have enhancements like ambi features, the flared/enlarged magwell on the DD and new style Noveske, checkered magwell on the Mega, etc.

If I was building a basic budget rifle I'd go with the cheapest lower with a tolerable rollmark I could find. But for a nicer build (or an SBR like the OP) I'd spend the money for a nicer lower. An extra $50 really isn't much in the big scheme of things. Hell, a decent light mount or charging handle costs $50...

Bobcat32

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Lake Charles
    LMT = LMT, Lauer(old), DS Arms, PWA, Eagle,armelite, Knights Armament, Barrett, Bushmaster (?)
    CMT = Stag, RRA, High Standard, Noveske (old), Century (current), Global Tactical, CLE, S&W, MGI (1st batch),Precision, Wilson Tactical, (some?) Colt, Ratworx
    LAR = Grizzly, Bushmaster (L Prefix), Ameetech, (?)DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton, Spike's Tactical, Noveske (new)
    MMS = Mega, Gunsmoke, Dalphon, POF (forged), Alexander Arms, Stinger, Spike's Tactical(old)
    JVP = Double Star, LRB
    Olympic = Olypmic, SGW, Tromix, Palmetto, Dalphon, Frankford, (old) Century
    Superior = Superior Arms, Lauer (current)

I like anything Olympic or CMT manufactures produce:) Even the stock trigger assembly's in these are better than most of the others I have tested !!!

Top Bottom