Who really shut the government down. Best explanation so far

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    After the analogy just presented, I'm not sure if I want to be involved in story time with Emperor lol

I could see where there could be some confusion. Let's just say; politicians would beg for me to use a dildo on them as opposed to what I would.

As for topic; I have seen into the real souls of many of them in the 70's & 80's at length. Just think about the movie: Resident Evil!

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    I am hoping for a total meltdown. There are not enough people (that count), aware of the shell game that is going on. A complete and total meltdown will start all other economies to buckle (because the US is the "free" gasoline for their engines too), and then maybe; just maybe, some of theses zombies that walk around agreeing with anything they read on twitter or see on the Jon Stewart, will wake up.

Now, I know it won't come to that, but that's the catalyst we need to get enough people off of their asses to throw every one of these thieves out on their asses!

I couldn't agree more. I came to the site this morning with the intention of asking whether a total shutdown and default would be the best thing. Two points:

1. There is too much government and the only reason they are able to scare people with a shutdown is because they know people are dependent. People is this country have become weak. They can't stand the slightest bit of discomfort or pain.

2. Default. The gov't is no different than a consumer in debt who keeps moving debt around in the hopes they can put off paying it until later. Sometimes the best thing is to declare bankruptcy and restructure.

"but our credit rating will go down"...so, we don't need to borrow any more. We have a bloated gov't and spending problem, not a revenue problem.

"but what about the stock market and my 401K"...Do you have faith your SS will be there when you retire regardless of how this plays out? Probably not. So, if you don't have faith in the government why would you have faith in a stock market that not only reacts to gov't but is often times manipulated by gov't officials and their corporate pimps? If you still have most of your assets tied up in the market after the last meltdown, then nobody should feel sorry for you when you get robbed again. It will happen again.

Just my .02

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    1. There is too much government and the only reason they are able to scare people with a shutdown is because they know people are dependent. People is this country have become weak. They can't stand the slightest bit of discomfort or pain.
    Has the shutdown affected you directly in any way? Would the shutdown affect you directly if it continued, or expanded who/what is furloughed?

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Has the shutdown affected you directly in any way? Would the shutdown affect you directly if it continued, or expanded who/what is furloughed?

Absolutely it would. I work in the healthcare field. We've already had payments decreased on Medicare plan payouts because of the sequestration. I am sure it would get a lot worse if the shutdown were expanded. Does it effect my paycheck? Yes. Do I still think shutdown and default are probably best? Yes. I've been through worse times.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    You're still receiving a paycheck though, and benefit from job security that healthcare field has.

My point is that it's very easy to say that the current shutdown is a good thing when you're not one of the people cut off from their job and having their income halted without much warning.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I couldn't agree more. I came to the site this morning with the intention of asking whether a total shutdown and default would be the best thing. Two points:

2. Default. The gov't is no different than a consumer in debt who keeps moving debt around in the hopes they can put off paying it until later. Sometimes the best thing is to declare bankruptcy and restructure.

"but our credit rating will go down"...so, we don't need to borrow any more. We have a bloated gov't and spending problem, not a revenue problem.

"but what about the stock market and my 401K"...Do you have faith your SS will be there when you retire regardless of how this plays out? Probably not. So, if you don't have faith in the government why would you have faith in a stock market that not only reacts to gov't but is often times manipulated by gov't officials and their corporate pimps? If you still have most of your assets tied up in the market after the last meltdown, then nobody should feel sorry for you when you get robbed again. It will happen again.

Just my .02

Okay! I am with you on these points, but it could hurt! ALOT! And I am passed the compassion for the less fortunate at this point.

If those scumbags are playing poker with the American people (they are playing some scam game); then let's call their bluff.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    If you support this shutdown and would like to see it expanded to further your political ideals, how are you any different than the Congresspeople that caused it?

You're using/supporting the use of American citizens as your political pawns to further your own personal agenda. You seek to have people, without warning, put into unemployment, poverty, and facing foreclosures, credit score hits, and any other manner of long-lasting effects, all because you want to sit there and rabble on about bloated government. I agree the gov't is messed up, and probably beyond repair at this point, but throwing good Americans under the bus to suit your fantasy is sick.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    You're still receiving a paycheck though, and benefit from job security that healthcare field has.

My point is that it's very easy to say that the current shutdown is a good thing when you're not one of the people cut off from their job and having their income halted without much warning.

Who cares if you're affected or not. That seems like a fallacious way to avoid discussing whether or not the shutdown is good or bad.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Wake up call for them too! Sorry!

The more I get squeezed the less I care about anyone else. And there was a time that cared! :dunno:

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010

I do understand that point and I feel for those people. However, unless there is drastic change in this country, a lost paycheck will be the least of anyone's worries.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Would I apply to work for a company that's trillions in debt and continuously operates at deficit levels? No b/c there's a great chance that company will bankrupt and leave me without notice unemployed, facing foreclosure, my credit score taking hits, and any other long-lasting effects. So why should I go out of my way to advocate for a gov't (that is brutal in it's laws, regulation, taxes, etc) to stay open just for the sake of the people who unwisely chose to work for them?

I don't think anyone is throwing americans under the bus to suit their fantasy....I think people are advocating for what the Founders actually advocated....and it's just a shame that people's lives will be hurt to achieve it, but that's not a reason to not achieve it.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Wake up call for them too! Sorry!
    Wake up call for whom, exactly?

The disabled vets who sustained injuries in combat, serving their country, whose checks will stop if this continues?

What are they supposed to be waking up to?

- - - Updated - - -

Would I apply to work for a company that's trillions in debt and continuously operates at deficit levels? No b/c there's a great chance that company will bankrupt and leave me without notice unemployed, facing foreclosure, my credit score taking hits, and any other long-lasting effects. So why should I go out of my way to advocate for a gov't (that is brutal in it's laws, regulation, taxes, etc) to stay open just for the sake of the people who unwisely chose to work for them?

I don't think anyone is throwing americans under the bus to suit their fantasy....I think people are advocating for what the Founders actually advocated....and it's just a shame that people's lives will be hurt to achieve it, but that's not a reason to not achieve it.
    A great number of people hurt by the shutdown are not /employees/ at all.

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    If you support this shutdown and would like to see it expanded to further your political ideals, how are you any different than the Congresspeople that caused it?

You're using/supporting the use of American citizens as your political pawns to further your own personal agenda. You seek to have people, without warning, put into unemployment, poverty, and facing foreclosures, credit score hits, and any other manner of long-lasting effects, all because you want to sit there and rabble on about bloated government. I agree the gov't is messed up, and probably beyond repair at this point, but throwing good Americans under the bus to suit your fantasy is sick.

I supported shutdown, before the shutdown. I'm not trying to use them as pawns. The politicians and those that elected them allowed it to get to a point where the only way to unseat them is to cause widespread pain and suffering. You can't fix gov't with more gov't.

With your logic, the Revolutionary war should never have been fought. How many innocent people who were fine with the status quo, but had their lives disrupted? Very few wars have been won without casualties. That is the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    A great number of people hurt by the shutdown are not /employees/ at all.

I understand that, and I understand that some of the people on the tax payer bottle are legitimate (military vets being one category). But it's the consequence of literally a gov't out of control. At some point we either make real attempts to scale back which will hurt a lot of people, or everyone will be affected later when the gov't defaults completely.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I supported shutdown, before the shutdown. I'm not trying to use them as pawns. The politicians and those that elected them allowed it to get to a point where the only way to unseat them is to cause widespread pain and suffering. You can't fix gov't with more gov't.

With your logic, the Revolutionary war should never have been fought. How many innocent people who were fine with the status quo, but had their lives disrupted? Very few wars have been won without casualties. That is the nature of the beast.

Taking up arms is a lot different than sitting in your office chair, going home to watch the football game, and calling for government to cut off other people they're indebted to.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Taking up arms is a lot different than sitting in your office chair, going home to watch the football game, and calling for government to cut off other people they're indebted to.

I don't really understand what you are getting at here....you continue to imply that since this guy isn't badly hurt from the shutdown that he has no say in the matter. Who cares? Shouldn't we only be discussing the merits of a shutdown?

- - - Updated - - -

You believe the founders advocated not paying our debts?

No

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

You should be writing your representatives! It's their fault. Isn't it? This could be a monumental moment in history! I think the Republicans are now sensing they may not have to kowtow to this pretender and his band of merry thieves and liars.

I have had enough of our policies being dictated by states that have unrealistic and irrational ex-hippies still wanting to run around with flowers in their hair; while pointing their hypocritical fingers at anyone that is smart enough not to buy in to that utopian BS.

Top Bottom