Who thought McCain had a chance.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    So after reading everyone's post about having to buy firearms, mags, and ammo. I sit back and wonder who on this board prepared for what happened on 11/4/08. Be honest guys and admit if you really thought McCain had a chance. Since May I started to stack it deep bc I knew the Republicans were done for. Hell I think I could make some good profits at a gun show if I choose to.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I thought he had more of a chance than he actually had, but deep down I knew that Obama would win.

I did not expect -everything- to go to the democrats though...ouch!

The Republican Party is dead.

Last edited:

meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    I guess we all held on to the end hoping the light would be turned on in people's heads.
    But appaerently no one was home.

But I'm making up for lost time now.
    Waiting on my two bulk ammo orders to come in and adding to my 30 rd. mags.

Will continue buying before 09 rolls in.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Once O beat the Clintons I knew that was the final nail in the coffin. I really don't think O will be able to do a weapons ban. IMO I think the NRA would take it to the Supreme Court and with the judges that we have the numbers would be in the NRA favor.

TowTruck

Jared
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Denham Springs
    althought it was a prayer...no he is the media's hero, people are brainwashed and what ever the media says they believe. Not saying that every obama supporter is this way but the general public that i have talked to is supporting his due to him being "black", they are "ready for the change", or they are "ready for the redistribution of wealth"

All I can say is we'll see in 4 years but I'll set everything I own on fire before I give it to the undeserving

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I've been stocking up/ collecting hard for the last year... well, not hard, but a little here and little there as I had money. I'm unsure where I have holes in my stock of items right now.

As for guns, I have been acquiring as I could financially... and I have just about everything that I know I'll need. I need to get someone more familiar with AR's to sit down with me and go through mine and point out common replacement parts and how to replace them so that I can order what I would need. I guess I could use a semi-auto .22, I love my bolt action but a semi is called for sometimes.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    I certainly thought McCain had a chance, and he did. A few hundred thousand votes different in Ohio, Florida, and Virginia and he would have won.

100,000 votes changing from Obama to McCain would have won FL.
    70,000 votes changing from Obama to McCain would have won VA.
    110,000 votes changing from Obama to McCain would have won OH.
    15,000 votes changing from Obama to McCain would have won IN.

I know the media made it to be a blowout, and it was in terms of the national percentage, but really, when it came down to a few swing states, the difference was very small.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Like I stated before hopefully when the AWB comes the SC will pull in out favor. I had a pt offer a press to me but I'm not sure if I'll be able to buy enough supplies to make it worth my time. I have started saving my brass when I go and shoot. I'm glad that since Jan I've been picking up a box of ammo on my weekly grocery run to Wally World. The wife hasn't figured it out.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Do not get complacent; the President, by Executive Order or by declaring a National Emergency, can do anything without Congress and wothout Supreme Court intervention.

Taking away guns, freedom to travel, or anything else can be done quickly.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Do not get complacent; the President, by Executive Order or by declaring a National Emergency, can do anything without Congress and wothout Supreme Court intervention.

He can do it but he's not that much of a dumbass. And if you think he'll pull rank just for a AWB then......

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA

If he does that, all he'll be president of is District of Columbia.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I bought what I no longer have :rolleyes: months ago when I saw the writing on the wall. With the press the way it is, they just lead the sheeple into the voting booth to vote the presses choice.
    Life sucks, then you die. :dunno:

Art

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom