who would like a range in south port Allen?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjamesmann

Sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I want to see if it would be worth building an outdoor range, with covered lines and benches, possible location is just south of inter coastal between port Allen and brusly. proposing a 25 yd pistol range, 100 yard rifle range and maybe a 600 yard range and skeet range. a fair range fee would support upkeep and expansion of a small shop for targets and ammo etc. if businesses supports it, an in house gunsmith would come later on.

at first customers would bring there own targets and ammo. all activity would be overseen by a range master, with a cease fire every so often to go down range.

ideas and input welcome, I just want to know if there's enough shooters to support this thing, I'm tired of driving out of town to get on a good rifle range!

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    Hunters run is right there by the old Mississippi river bridge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hunter's Run:

» Initial Membership $250.00
    » Renewals are $200.00 (due annually)

» $5.00 per hour per shooter. Members’ children 15 years of age and under shoot for free.
    » $10.00 Maximum per day for the member
    » Members guest $15.00 per hour

No, thanks.

rjamesmann

Sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    hunters run is a skeet and trap country club with a small range on the side, that's awesome but I'm not a bird hunter, I'm talking a short to mid range rifle haven with no commitment, that caters to all shooters, even if you shoot twice a year.

I'm loving the feed back, pros and cons! keep it coming the more support- the more possibilities!

thanks for the info JC!

rasputin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Plaquemine
    Me and the wife would be all over it. I live in Plaquemine, so I'm stuck making the trek to Sherburne every time I want to shoot high power stuff. The proposed range would be a god send, especially for the 600yd targets. I'd love to see a 1000yd setup one day.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    hey guys, spread the word about this thread, I'm gunna use it like a "petition" and maybe get a ball rolling on this!

Petition to who? I would love to see it happen but is this something you're wanting to build you're self or just something you'd like to see one day?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    In the past 10 years approximately 12 people told me they were going to try to open a range in the Greater Baton Rouge Area and Alan Easterly is the only one to do so and that has taken him several years of hard work to achieve. I wish the Op. all the best.

Top Bottom