who would like a range in south port Allen?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjamesmann

Sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    it would take a while and some capital of course, just feeling out if it would survive before I go out on a limb. the petition per say would help me to get someone else out on that limb with me! if this does happen my goal would be to make it the customers range so any input or help would be greatly appreciated, like I said I want a good close range for myself, so why shouldn't I share it? problem is, I'm not independently wealthy to just donate a free public range, so next best thing is to start a business. it just hit the drawing board so.....

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I'd drive to wbr for a good range. I drive to sherburne now and it's twice that far. I also have several friends who would drive there as well.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    IF your serious, Yes I think it would do well, however the property in the area you are talking about is privatley owned, as I understand not for sale ( not the parcels which would be good and safe for a range anyway, unless you have a connection I dont know about), and will be very expensive.

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    I'm in. Great location, and guns/shooting still part of life over there.

I'm in Plaquemine by the way and pass that location every day.

Perhaps places like Spillway Sportsman would help sponsor? The local branch of the Wild Turkey Federation? (is the name right?)

Local hunters and hunting clubs too.

killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    We're all for it!

Immediate family of at least 3 shooters would definitely enjoy a range in the location you describe. I'm sure there are many more shooters who'd love to have a range that close.

The layout of land ownership in WBR creates many tracts that would be suitable for a long distance range.

Hunter's Run is successful, based primarily on their clay shooting facilities. Their pistol and rifle ranges are somewhat of a limited perk of membership. I could see the success and track record of Hunter's Run as an asset for you to prove that a shooting facility can coexist in the parish without creating nuisances or safety issues. But I could see opponents claiming that there is already a range just up the road (even though it's not the type of facility you hope to create).

And the increased interest in commercial and residential development in WBR might complicate your plans. As might the proposed bypass to Hwy. 1 that may someday be built from the south end of Hwy. 415. You would almost certainly have to own the land or get a solid, long-term lease to justify the capital investment. Anything less, and a competing land use could shut things down long before the investment can pay off.

Just a few random thoughts. I'm in full support of the concept.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    If we could RAPID FIRE, I would be in. Doesn't have to be machine gun auto.
    But this -- Shoot, 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3 mississippi, SHOOT ! Sucks Balls !

Top Bottom