Whos ready for WSHTF?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    figured id start (probably one of many) preparedness for any scenario threads for sihts n giggles. so post some of you gear or holster/firearm combos, tacticool stuff, hell anything that could relate to this topic!

heres one to start, not all of my "ready to roll" stuff but a start as well as a result of boredom:
    264614_10150218025026891_640896890_7586406_7763791_n.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions if you have any about whats in the pic! I may learn something new if you do! :D
    1) Stag Arms
    2) INOVA "X1" flashlight
    3) CZ 75B, Two-tone finish
    4) Glock 27
    5) Kershaw Blur knife, half serrated (great knife and co all around)
    6) Harbor Freight cheap-o survival knife wrapped in 550 paracord (you guessed it, boredom!)
    7) Fenix "TK15" (337 U.S. Approved REAL Lumens! This light is INCREDIBLE. i got it over a surefire, even though i have 2 surefires! google prices)

mb504

Better than Cheese
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    New Orleans
    For a true SHTF type case I think that the weapons will be important, but probably only about 10% of what will get you through. Sure the boomsticks are cool, but there is so much more. Here would be my very simplified priority list:
    + knowledge
    - first aid
    - basic skils such as how to repair what breaks
    - an exchangable skill, plumbers and mechanics have it made on this point
    + fitness
    - the slow die first :)
    + supplies
    - food
    - soaps, toliet paper
    - coffee, tea
    + security
    - firearms

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    You gotta get to where you are going:

F-250 diesel crew cab with reserve tank in bed. Lifted 6 inches, Road Armor front and rear "bumpers" sitting on 37's.

CJB1911

PEW PEW PEW
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    SWLA
    figured id start (probably one of many) preparedness for any scenario threads for sihts n giggles. so post some of you gear or holster/firearm combos, tacticool stuff, hell anything that could relate to this topic!

heres one to start, not all of my "ready to roll" stuff but a start as well as a result of boredom:
    264614_10150218025026891_640896890_7586406_7763791_n.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions if you have any about whats in the pic! I may learn something new if you do! :D
    1) Stag Arms
    2) INOVA "X1" flashlight
    3) CZ 75B, Two-tone finish
    4) Glock 27
    5) Kershaw Blur knife, half serrated (great knife and co all around)
    6) Harbor Freight cheap-o survival knife wrapped in 550 paracord (you guessed it, boredom!)
    7) Fenix "TK15" (337 U.S. Approved REAL Lumens! This light is INCREDIBLE. i got it over a surefire, even though i have 2 surefires! google prices)

Looks like you need more burrets and batteries!!!! :D

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Looks like you've got the right idea going.....How about a quality sling for your rifle? I do see some folks who prefer not to have one....but they certainly have their uses. :)

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    For a true SHTF type case I think that the weapons will be important, but probably only about 10% of what will get you through. Sure the boomsticks are cool, but there is so much more. Here would be my very simplified priority list:
    + knowledge
    - first aid
    - basic skils such as how to repair what breaks
    - an exchangable skill, plumbers and mechanics have it made on this point
    + fitness
    - the slow die first :)
    + supplies
    - food
    - soaps, toliet paper
    - coffee, tea
    + security
    - firearms
    I must agree that i need to brush up and learn more about applying many of these. i also need to start stock piling less perishable food items.

Looks like you've got the right idea going.....How about a quality sling for your rifle? I do see some folks who prefer not to have one....but they certainly have their uses. :)

I have a POS single point bungee sling right now, but i was thinking about gettin the magpul MS2 or a Vtac sling

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I think he just wanted to start a thread where everyone would post pictures of their gear... because it's cool, even if it's not practical. Have some fun guys!

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So how does an AR grill up with no electricity or gas? Can you drink that G26?

Weapons are part of preparedness, yeah, but you need to have a good supply of fresh water and non-perishable food. I might be preaching to the choir, but I just want to plug a little heads up in there for anyone who hasn't thought of it. Oh, and if you are thinking of stealing to get food and water, how many people do you think have the same idea as you and just as much firepower as you?

For the record, I have about 6 weeks of food and 4 weeks of water (gallon per day) plus two different methods of purifying water if it comes to that.

I also have these to protect my supplies from anyone that thinks they want to try to steal it ;)

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

Last edited:

Chef K

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Covington
    Can anybody recommend putting together a kit of some sorts for fishing if worse came to worse, feeling good about the rest of my gear.

Thx in advance

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Can anybody recommend putting together a kit of some sorts for fishing if worse came to worse, feeling good about the rest of my gear.

Thx in advance

oh wow, I missed the part that was explicitly talking about fishing.... lol. I wouldn't rely on that to feed yourself if SHTF... get a good supply of long lasting food. Have some rods and reels if you need it but... yeah.... not plan A

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom