Why there is a shortage of ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    This is the reason why the ammo shortage will not end.

As usual, we're our own worst enemy.

I bet all of the ammo they buy ends up on those derp infested Facebook swap pages.

JR1572

Last edited:

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    man.....people are retarded

Are you talking about the guys waiting in front of the Covington Academy 30 to 60 minutes before the doors open or the people who buy the ammo that these guys may be selling on GunBroker for 2x, 3x, and sometimes 4x the original retail value?

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    Are you talking about the guys waiting in front of the Covington Academy 30 to 60 minutes before the doors open or the people who buy the ammo that these guys may be selling on GunBroker for 2x, 3x, and sometimes 4x the original retail value?

both. the people waiting in line.....still....even after this long and after the latest bill got shot down. and the people who continue to pay these exorbitant prices like dipshits. i mean, i understood when all this **** first happened but still? going on 5 months later?

Scoobie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Shreveport/Bossier
    Anyone in Shreveport/Bossier who needs 9mm/223/556, I'll be glad to share some for a reasonable price, 3 boxes at a time. The Academy by my place has a line every Tues/Thursday. Finally got a hold of some 9mm HP's the other day. I am usually rolling in at 8am to be the last in line.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Most ammo is being purchased in bulk BEFORE it ever gets to the stores... that the real reason behind the shortage. People with "contacts" are buying it all up and then reselling it on sites like Gunbroker and the like. Greed is the real reason for the shortage.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Most ammo is being purchased in bulk BEFORE it ever gets to the stores... that the real reason behind the shortage. People with "contacts" are buying it all up and then reselling it on sites like Gunbroker and the like. Greed is the real reason for the shortage.

That will be responded to in my paper.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I'm digging up some interesting stuff both short and long term (2 years plus). given industrial demand for component metals, I think the days of super cheap ammo are over forever. That has nothing to do with the current panickyness, but it is really interesting.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    30 to 60 minutes before doors open? If you get there at that time, you'll probably miss out on whatever it is you're going there to buy. I run into a guy from time to time at Wal-Mart on weekends that told me this story. His friend arrived one morning at Academy in Covington at 4 am and was first at the door. He got tired of seeing the same few people always at the front. When he arrived at 6:30 each morning. A few minutes later, the guy that is always seen first in line shows up. I suppose that same guy who is always first is there every morning around 4 am waiting for the doors to open at 8. What a life.

It would be nice if Academy would stagger the time they shelve the ammo. 5pm would be nice once a week...
    Guy behind the counter at Academy in Slidell told me he's heard of other locations putting out some in the morning for the guys at the door and then putting more out at midday. He said Slidell wasn't doing that though. I would rather see them save all their shipments that they receive during the week and sell it all on the weekends. That ain't gonna happen though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom