Wide Format Printer/Scanner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    I've been shopping around for one that will both print and scan at 13x19". I would like to keep the price under $300. I've looked at models by epson and HP but while they print at 13x19 they only scan at 11x17. This is not for work, I just want to be able to print and scan targets for use at 600 and 800 yds so resolution and print speed aren't important. Anybody know of such an animal?

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Scan and resize? I can scan a little picture and toss it into a 72" printer. Not sure if your goal is cost efficient vs buying pre printed targets. Scan and print size are different beasts.

Don't know your goals, but at 600 to 800 yards, a roll of paper and a sharpie?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Scan and resize? I can scan a little picture and toss it into a 72" printer. Not sure if your goal is cost efficient vs buying pre printed targets. Scan and print size are different beasts.

Don't know your goals, but at 600 to 800 yards, a roll of paper and a sharpie?

Agreed. Also, print shops are much more economical than buying a printer JUST to print large targets.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    just a thought. Why cant you scan the smaller image then goto print properties, set it to 13x19 and scal to fit page. Im no pc guru but it works for the smaller targets i print out to regular size paper.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I don't think its cost effective either. The ink usually gets you on printer cost. You will be going through black cartridges like crazy IMO. Also...I haven't had good luck with HP at all...Gone through 3 of the HP Pro ALL in One models in the last 5 years. FWIW... I've heard Brother gives most bank for buck, but I have no idea if they make wide carriage printers.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    It's the way I keep my reloading records. After shooting I scan the target into PCTarget get my group measurements and enter all the info about the load, weather conditions, wind direction etc. As far as cost effectiveness all I have to do is draw up one target, print it out and take it to work and make copies there.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Jay...You may be able to get by with a phone app. Turbo scan phone app uses the cell phone camera to scan PDF documents and I think It will work for a target. You may want to check it out...Because it works great IMO. Its cheap...on your cell phone, And you would not need a big bulky scanner if you have access to office printer.
    You can take pic of target...scan it to a file...air drop....Fax....etc. It has over 1600 reviews...mostly 4 and 5 star.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/turboscan-quickly-scan-multipage/id342548956?mt=8

Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    14vl6zc.jpg
    [/IMG]

I just scanned this for a test....Its just a CD...but I don't see why it would not work for a larger target. Its a super easy app. And you can email...Fax...add it to Iphoto or other photo app...etc.

Sorry...probably won't work with PC Target software. I missed that part of your post. Too bad that its not on an app. Seems like an easy thing for a developer to do IMO.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Jay...You may be able to get by with a phone app. Turbo scan phone app uses the cell phone camera to scan PDF documents and I think It will work for a target. You may want to check it out...Because it works great IMO. Its cheap...on your cell phone, And you would not need a big bulky scanner if you have access to office printer.
    You can take pic of target...scan it to a file...air drop....Fax....etc. It has over 1600 reviews...mostly 4 and 5 star.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/turboscan-quickly-scan-multipage/id342548956?mt=8

The default camera apps work too :P

Top Bottom