WIFE on my BUTT about PHONE TECH!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    My wife has been hounding me about getting into the tech revolution and upgrading my "RUGBY" to some sort of SMART PHONE!

We have an AT&T plan and that WILL NOT CHANGE! So with that said, what is the BEST SMART phone offered by AT&T and why!

MANY THANKS!!

KT

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    There really isn't a "best" option for every person. If you don't have a smart phone now, then your expectations shouldn't be high. Why don't you go for the iphone? At&t had the iphone for $49. Unless you want something with the actual buttons, you can go for a blackberry? I don't have experience with all of them, just iphone 3g, blackberry, samsung jack, and I have an HTC Inspire now.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I have an iPhone 4 and a HTC Inspire 4G. If I weren't an apple whore I might use on the HTC Inspire 4G. I bought it for my wife and she loves it. I find myself using hers as much as mine when we are out together.

I love my iPhone 4, but wouldn't buy one now with the 4g(s) coming soon. The Inspire is awesome and probably a better choice if you aren't a mac user and don't have a huge itunes library.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    There really isn't a "best" option for every person. If you don't have a smart phone now, then your expectations shouldn't be high. Why don't you go for the iphone? At&t had the iphone for $49. Unless you want something with the actual buttons, you can go for a blackberry? I don't have experience with all of them, just iphone 3g, blackberry, samsung jack, and I have an HTC Inspire now.

Neil, My wife has the IPhone (latest ver. what ever that is) my daughter has a Black Berry, I don't care for the BB"s small buttons that I can barely see and my fingers hit 2 or 3 of them at once....I do have an Ipod that is in my truck BUT that is pretty much used only for Music and an occasional pic, if I need it, I do use it from time to time if I am in a lobby of some such which has Wi-Fi. How are you guys ranking these as PHONES? I know they have pretty good features as pocket computers but what about actual phone usage?

i miss my rugby

TNC, what phone did you switch to? What do you miss about it? Is it a pain dealing with the larger flat screen than the FLIP of the Rugby?

THANKS GUYS!!

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    I have used Blackberry and Iphones, and there is not a real comparison between the two. Iphones are much easier to learn & use. I am sure the Blackberry has it's business use with it's secure servers but if you want something that allows you to get on BS or any other website and actually be able to see it, enlarge pictures and move around easily, then I would say the iphone.
    I have heard good things about the Android phones, but I do not have any personal experience with it to recommend it.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    If you're already into the apple thing with i-tunes installed for d/l music get the iphone. Other wise I would get the HTC inspire

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    While I am a blackberry abuser(Bold9700 still on os5), my wife has the Samsung Galaxy droid and really likes it. Big screen, lots of free apps and if you want touch screen, better to type on for big fingers in landscape mode. OS is up to froyo on At&t and it's stable. But then again, there is always the BB Torch which is a full touch screen and slider if you want to get used to tactile buttons. Call quality and call handling on the BB is better in my opinion. We are running a MicroCell 3g on our home network and the droid gets quirky about it moving out of range and drops calls. We don't do any mixing of iAnything so you'll have to rely on your own experiences with iStuff. I'll happily answer any questions about these phones if you think of any.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I love my HTC inspire, but I also hate it... Some days I have to turn it off then back on a couple times a day because it would freeze. I should specify it is the text messaging that freezes. Of course sometimes I am texting back and forth 3-5 people at once back and forth due to having things for sale. I love the internet on it, I am on bayoushooters very often on my phone, it's just like a computer internetwise.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    The actual size is something that somewhat also bothers me, I used to smaller compat size such as the rugby, I guess I will have to get used to it, the wife just called me from the IPHONE store and it looks like the Iphone 4 has won out! Thanks for the input, I guess like always I was foolish for just not asking her what I wanted! In the end that is what was going to happen anyway!

THANKS GUYS!
    I'll let ya know how I like it!

KT

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    HTC Inspire is a better phone than the Iphone imo, but the Iphone is easier to use for the new smart phone buyer.

+1 I had the 3G, hated the phone side of it and the internet side even with WiFi was slow but OK. The Inspire which I have now is much better for the internet although a little harder to use on the phone side, but works as well as the network will allow. I constantly have issues with the network.

Bam Bam

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    PrairieCajun......THANKS!! ...............I think! LOL!
    Now I just wonder which device would actually have been best to use in my truck for accessing and using the SYNC features. It seems ok using my I-POD (which is the one that looks just like the phone but doesn't have the phone.....I think it's the I-POD touch?

DAMNIT! I should just get a friken JITTERBUG phone and have been done with it! BIG NUMBERS, BIG SCREEN DISPLAY, no worries with cameras, music and internet or GPS!

SO tell me what was wrong with an EIGHT TRACK? It was one of the best inventions made, basically a compact Reel to reel! Polaroid cameras did JUST fine! Snap and shoot, look there's ya picture!!

Man the simple days ;) :rolleyes:

Well not sure if I am showing my age or ingorance......seems I have too much of BOTH!!

KT

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Technological retard! Me too!

But, then I recall Bill Gates telling me that Windows 3.1 was what I needed to run my ship during intergalactic travel.

Last edited:

Matchgrade

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Red Stick
    kajuntriton, I have a Ford truck with SYNC and my Inspire works perfect. I love the hands free voice recognition phone use using bluetooth. I can also listen to my MP3's or Pandora on my phone by going through the Bluetooth audio on SYNC.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom