Wild Boar Charges Hunter~ Graphic Warning

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    And yes- a good hit from a .30-06 (or similar) HP rifle on a nice hog is indeed a beautiful thing. :)

That's what we've always used for the initial.

Rem. 700 w/ Rem. Premier 30-06 165gr Copper.

It always gets me thinking about Hunting in Africa! Could you imagine dropping a Water Buffalo!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I have not hunted hogs before, so many things about the task, I do not know.

Crews aren't necessary. With the popularity of hog hunting and this whole hog epidemic it just seems to have become a Group Sport. we always did it as a group. I mean, what Coonass likes to drink beer and kill pigs by himself!? :ugh: Plus hauling it back would be a MAJOR PAIN in the ass and the back :rofl:

You won't deal with cross-fire unless you are really close to them. I just gave that as one example of what can happen when you plan on getting close enough to use shotguns.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    That's what we've always used for the initial.

Rem. 700 w/ Rem. Premier 30-06 165gr Copper.

It always gets me thinking about Hunting in Africa! Could you imagine dropping a Water Buffalo!

Now that would be awesome!! :thumbsup:

I wonder how hunting "Feral Brahman" would be here in the U.S.?? :dogkeke:

Now that would add a whole new vicious wrinkle to things. Talk about dangerous game..:eek3::eek3::eek3:

...But I bet you'd still have airheads willing to stage a protest on their behalf...:doh:

brahman-web-2.jpg

Maybe feral hogs aren't so bad after all....:)

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    this .40 cal sure does create a much more visable impact http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PInyXzaE1ug&feature=related 4:55 if ya don't wanna watch the deer. you can just about see the round hit target . I just don't buy that being a 45. Looked like .22 with hole blood but no impact shock when bullet struck even at point blank. But to each his own.

So believing it's a pistol that doesn't exist (.22LR 1911 with internal extractor) is easier for you to accept than a .45ACp not being magical enough to stop an angry hog in one shot?

Now, it could be a 9mm or .40SW 1911 that the guy downloaded the mags on and spent hours finding a hog, wounding it and teaching it to charge at him JUST to make a video to make .45ACP look bad. Highly logical assumption and very likely the case. Or not.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    this .40 cal sure does create a much more visable impact http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PInyXzaE1ug&feature=related 4:55 if ya don't wanna watch the deer. you can just about see the round hit target . I just don't buy that being a 45. Looked like .22 with hole blood but no impact shock when bullet struck even at point blank. But to each his own.
    I put these .45 acp projectiles into, and took them out of, wild hogs. I'm telling you, you are flat out wrong. The gun in that video is a .45

recovered bullets.jpg

ETA: I just double checked and only 2 of those are .45 (second and fourth) The other three are .40. From the left, the first four are golden sabers and I can't remember what the last one is. The two .40 cal. golden sabers both separated from their jackets; only one jacket was recovered and I can't say for sure which core it goes with. I thought I had more recovered .45s, but maybe not.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Now, it could be a 9mm or .40SW 1911 that the guy downloaded the mags on and spent hours finding a hog, wounding it and teaching it to charge at him JUST to make a video to make .45ACP look bad. Highly logical assumption and very likely the case. Or not.

C`Mon Mr. Logical!

:mamoru:

I think they've just about gift wrapped your .22 argument there Mr. Kramer :p

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

We don't know what ammunition he was using. Could have been FMJ for all we know. Check out the recoil of his handgun vs. what a .22 1911 recoiling looks like:
    (3:30 for 1-handed shooting)
    vs:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b04_1337719658
    Check out the footage at 0:14-0:24.

Pay special attention to the base of each shooter's firing-hand as well as wrist/forearm and how much upward movement is caused at this point by firing.

Unless the man is limp-wristing AND limp-arming the hell out of that pistol (not likely considering that it functioned fine, and he is probably pumped up on adrenalin right about now), it sure is kicking HARD for a .22...

Also, please note, that no .22 1911 has the back of the extractor visible from the shooter's position near the slide-stop as in the .45ACP versions.

The Chiappa you mentioned:
    Chiappa-1911-3.jpg

The Kimber you mentioned:
    kimber-rimfire-295.jpg

However, the pistol in the video does have a STRONG resemblance to this one...

(Note: verticle rear cocking serrations, lack of FCS, SS frame and CS slide, etc. etc.)
    ColtCE2.jpg

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    We bowhunt hogs regularly throughout the year. They are TOUGH animals and you never know what is going to happen. Like any other game it's all about shot placement (and this guy didn't do very well with that at all). I have dropped a 300lb hogalmost dead in it's tracks, as well as had a 150lb sow roam around the woods for 3hrs while we trailed it. Both with the arrow in the same place. When I dressed the sow, the whole bottom half of it's heart had been sliced of by the broadhead (a passthrough). I don't know how they can do it but they do.

I always say bowhunting hogs is like hunting tanks with sharp sticks. Amazing animals.

Last edited:

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    True story:

My brother and I were on a casual hog hunt at the camp about 15 years ago. He was bow hunting and I was along for the ride, "backing him up" with a Colt Combat Elite with FMJ target rounds. At the time it was the largest caliber handgun that I owned, and I didn't feel like lugging a rifle around. We eventually came across what we would later learn was a 450 pound hog.

Chris put two arrows in it, which did little more than **** it off. We chased it down, I shot it once, it ran again and finally stopped, still standing. I put another bullet in it and it fell, still breathing. Because of it's size and a previous conversation with my bro, I figured we may end up shoulder mounting it, so I put two more rounds in it's vitals, not head. It still breathed for a while, finally died.

While we were skinning it, two of the bullets dropped out that never even penetrated its shield.

Still have the mount on my wall. Dogs hate it.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    That hog got stunned with the next to last shot, that was awesome..
    I have watched a lot of videos from cameras, and it seems the replay and replay xd , do the suppression of gun shots, sometimes the iphone will, but the flip n go style cams, get full spectrum audio, and man you can tell a difference..

Top Bottom