will there ever be .22 again?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    Placed in wrong category. I know the IT person for Cabela corporate and he explained it as the program is set up so that if nothing is applied to a specific category then the "button" will not show on the website.

In your case it was most likely placed in another category and that's why you found it instead of having a direct "rimfire" link.

bigcec1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    a5yve3uv.jpg

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    How much per Brick?

Every keeps posting pics of ammo.

The Ammo isn't hard to find, a non-raping PRICE is what is hard to find.

Who cares if someone has 30 Bricks, if they're selling for $40 a brick.

Know what I mean!? Post the PRICE PEOPLE! :D

Last edited:

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    ...and that's my point.
    I(me) am not not paying 10¢ a rnd.

:dunno:

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_990A using Tapatalk 2

It's crazy the same stuff cost we 21.99 a box of 500 at Academy not too long ago. I almost bought some the other day for 35 just to go shoot ended up just shooting my g17 more than usual.

roger66

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Slidell
    Was at Academy in Slidell Monday afternoon and they had a dozen boxes of 22lr 333 count for $15 each.they allow 1 per customer.My wife was with me so I scored 2boxes.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    I'm the odd guy.

I don't buy .22 just to go bang with. One rifle has a liking for Eley, another DEMANDS Eley, and another can use certain models of Federal on a short range, but prefers Fiocchi or Eley. See a trend here.

$5 a box for me is cheap. Even before the 'interesting times' I dropped $8 to $10 a box for .22. Accuracy costs money. Even still Eley Target which is my low end practice ammo is not available by the case which is how I bought it before.

Will the old days of $10 Remington bricks at Wally World come back? Not a chance. We have more shooters than ever before. Production has remained the same. The rest of the gun culture has figured out that rimfire is a great way to train for cheap. All we can do at this point is put in our orders and wait. Recently got an email from the CMP which stated that there is an 18 month backorder on Aguila .22. I just have to believe that the industry is taking a hard look at the situation and considering expansion.

In the meantime I've had to back off from rimfire. I refuse to pay the cost of a brick of Eley and the shipping on top of it. Make it worth my while and at least let me have half a case, five bricks. Damn shame I have to shoot .223, .308, and air rifle because there isn't rimfire to be had.

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    the one place that will notify you when Eley is in stock and has kept the prices reasonable has been champion shooters:
    http://www.championshooters.com/ind...mart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=185

select the 'notify' option on the item of interest.

I'm the odd guy.

I don't buy .22 just to go bang with. One rifle has a liking for Eley, another DEMANDS Eley, and another can use certain models of Federal on a short range, but prefers Fiocchi or Eley. See a trend here.

$5 a box for me is cheap. Even before the 'interesting times' I dropped $8 to $10 a box for .22. Accuracy costs money. Even still Eley Target which is my low end practice ammo is not available by the case which is how I bought it before.

Will the old days of $10 Remington bricks at Wally World come back? Not a chance. We have more shooters than ever before. Production has remained the same. The rest of the gun culture has figured out that rimfire is a great way to train for cheap. All we can do at this point is put in our orders and wait. Recently got an email from the CMP which stated that there is an 18 month backorder on Aguila .22. I just have to believe that the industry is taking a hard look at the situation and considering expansion.

In the meantime I've had to back off from rimfire. I refuse to pay the cost of a brick of Eley and the shipping on top of it. Make it worth my while and at least let me have half a case, five bricks. Damn shame I have to shoot .223, .308, and air rifle because there isn't rimfire to be had.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I'm the odd guy.

Ellis, you are not by yourself. I have no interest in buying the cheap 22LR just to hear the gun go bang. Nobody can deny the fact that the vast majority of today's shooters are interested only in plinking at ranges inside 50 yards, usually much closer. But I buy only ammo that I can depend on to be accurate out to 100 yards. I will second the suggestion of frankinola. I just picked up a case of SK Jagd from Champion Shooters.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    One thing I want to make clear is that if you're into plinking with cheap ammo at close range, cool. It's just not what I'm into. Tearing out the x-ring on a A-23 at 50yd is more my thing.

Thanks frankinola and highstandard40 for the tip. Signed up for alerts for what I use.

Top Bottom