will there ever be .22 again?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I try to post if I find some on Facebook to my buds but will continue to try and update here.

Damn vultures beat me to the 1400 rd buckets but the CCI are of a much higher quality. There were 8 people lined up as I was walking up at 8. I was told by the clerk it's the same 5 guys that buy it all up before anyone else can get to it...

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I try to post if I find some on Facebook to my buds but will continue to try and update here.

Damn vultures beat me to the 1400 rd buckets but the CCI are of a much higher quality. There were 8 people lined up as I was walking up at 8. I was told by the clerk it's the same 5 guys that buy it all up before anyone else can get to it...

They need to stop putting it out first thing in the morning. Put that **** out at random times. One day morning. One day 10 etc.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I have not bought any 22lr in a long time. But think it is both guys hording and reselling.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    It has taken me 3 months but I now have my stash up to an acceptable level to where I can take my son shooting his Ruger 10/22. I have bought it all using Gunbot.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Dishonored I 100% agree and have suggested this a couple of times amongst my friends.

The group of old men doing it were bragging about the 10,000 rds they bought from Academy in April and the fact that one or two here and there sold 4000 to a guy in Florida and other sales.

I am all for the free market system, just sucks they don't leave any for the people who are on the way to work at 7:00 AM and can't wait around in the parking lot for an hour because they don't collect disability from the VA... One of the old coots beat a very nice lady in line there, and she had just bought her daughter a cool Ruger 10/22, and asked in the most sincere way in the parking lot to buy the ammo for $5 more than he just spent so that her daughter and other kids could shoot at their birthday party, and he scoffed and said "well yeah you can buy it but you gonna have to pay at least twice what I just bought this for..."

That's just in poor form. I happened to know she was married to an acquaintance of mine, and not trying to get over on someone, and offered to give them half of my 525 golden hollow point brick I just bought for exactly what it cost me - $9 for half. My friend politely declined.

Things like that **** me off. Mind you, this man and his friends have already bought 3-4 times this week prior to today according to the sales clerk.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    And see that makes my blood boil. I would love to go through some CQB course with them if they weren't so old. I still have a little fire and testosterone in me at 22. It has been way to long since I reminded someone they aren't tough captain dickhead. (I have also been shown Im not one either haha but that's been even longer)

alcopone1

oil slinger
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Houma , La
    academy in houma had over 50 boxes of 22lr 325rd automatch 17.99 +tax =19.61 1 box limit.
    think the horders are on vacation here :mamoru: lady said it was there since friday

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    When I got my Buckmark a few years ago, I remember testing which bulk packs (Fed, Win, Rem) worked the best and deciding to only get the brand that failed the least. I miss being able to choose between stacks of bulk packs and CCI's :(

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    I just support the local gun store.

I might pay 3 cents more per round... but its not supporting the vultures. I figure, just as well support the legitimate business... and if 3 cents per round is going to break my bank , I shouldnt be shooting

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I just support the local gun store.

I might pay 3 cents more per round... but its not supporting the vultures. I figure, just as well support the legitimate business... and if 3 cents per round is going to break my bank , I shouldnt be shooting

my local gunstore is a scumbag. 40.00 for a transfer and ammo prices that make you wonder whether to laugh or cry. I drive past his place, then 40 minutes away to make even minor purchases. how he stays in business i have no idea.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    my local gunstore is a scumbag. 40.00 for a transfer and ammo prices that make you wonder whether to laugh or cry. I drive past his place, then 40 minutes away to make even minor purchases. how he stays in business i have no idea.

Same here. I'll pay more for Local Business, but I ain't letting you RAPE ME!

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Hummmmm...Everyone tells me all the WM EMPLOYEES GET THE .22 AMMO in the area I live in?

Don't know if dat's true or not?

When they ask when the WM they are at receives ammo employees tell them they have no clue....lol

3i41jzr3l9ybc1w1zcj.gif

Bayouhunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Opelousas

Seeing as the other local shop want $50 for a transfer lmao, I'm pretty sure I know the place.

Top Bottom