will there every be more cheap surplus guns?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • will there be dirt cheap surplus firearms 10 to 20years in the future?

• Yes

Votes: 3 11.5%
    • No, sadly

Votes: 15 57.7%
    • let's just hope any guns remain affordable

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

MadJax

Pragmatist
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2014
    Covington LA
    I heard obama signed a embargo on Russian guns to somehow punish the Russian government.
    Dont think the government will care instead of selling mosins, aks, sks and the like to Americans as range guns they'll just sell them all over the worlds dirty little wars and end up in extremists or child soldiers hands just like they been doing. Almost like theres some other motive to the embargo....

Anyway politics aside it got me thinking about all those stories i heard about 80$ sks and other really cheap surplus guns gone b4 my time.
    i have been told springfields and kar98s were once as cheap as the mosin is now sometimes cheaper but for alot of reasons the supply dryed up and the price rose.
    Many of the dirt cheap surplus firearms come from the world war and early cold war era when new firearm designs made old ones obsolete.

This still happens all the time most recently i think with nato rifles like the fal or g3 flooding third world markets once they were replaced. But modern surplus firearms dont seem to be affordable in the states.
    My qestion is does anybody think that there will ever be affordable surplus guns as cheap and plentiful as the mosin is now 10 20 years down the line.
    I dont think so given the political climate but id like someone to tell me im wrong

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    What we are running into is that most everything else bumps up against NFA... being full auto.
    And if they are chopped into kits you cant have the barrels.

That said:
    There will be more.

There's many guns which have been "passed down the line" 1x, 2x, 3x.... BUT:
    They will be more and more used, fewer and fewer amounts, at higher and higher prices....

In short:
    There will be more (Those Himalayan Martin Henry's are a excellent example)
    The "Golden Age" of Milsurps is past.

Last edited:

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Ever is a very long time....

After each war there are always surplus firearms ...you do have to take them off the dead or from surrendering troops but those would be very cheap and plentiful... so since ever takes in a very long future period I am sure piles like these will be available at some point in time.

article-1326171-0BE40182000005DC-569_634x478.jpg

download%20%281%29_4.jpeg

Last edited:

Dantelikesit2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Marrero
    I'm 48 years old and I remember getting cinese and yugo sks's for 130 - 150 at pawn shops and the russian ones from 150 -180! Ah the good ol' days...

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    The way our government is looking now, gun prices will only rise in my opinion. I think it'll take 20+ yrs to recover from the damage Obama has caused if we are lucky enough to get outstanding presidents once he's gone and im sure we all know, chances of that are slim.

Top Bottom