Will They ever learn?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Do you think any of these people will ever figure out that maybe, just maybe, if ya stop resisting arrest, ya just might not die. :confused:

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    The vids are out there, I'm just asking a generalized question about all of the people that are getting killed by the police, seems like most of the deaths are from resisting arrest.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The vids are out there, I'm just asking a generalized question about all of the people that are getting killed by the police, seems like most of the deaths are from resisting arrest.
    Oh, gotcha. I agree. Better to just hold your tongue and go with the man then sue the tax payers later if it’s a bad arrest. But the payout is generally way better if you can elicit a good beating on the way to jail. Sometimes they get carried away I guess and people die.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    looks like the school shooting from today didn't get any media coverage once they found out it was gang related and not white on black crime.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I do not understand how an officer can mistaken a service pistol for a taser. Failing that, one should realize that the grip and trigger are quite different and stop altogether.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I do not understand how an officer can mistaken a service pistol for a taser. Failing that, one should realize that the grip and trigger are quite different and stop altogether.

I don't like making comments on things after it happened but I feel the same.. Its not she pulled the trigger right when she pulled it out. She had it out for a bit and aiming before she pulled the trigger. It definitely seems like a mistake from the reaction she had after it happened.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I wonder if she ever called in ‘shots fired’.
    She announced that she was gonna taze him twice before shooting him. I bet he was surprised.

Last edited:

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    Maybe cops shouldn't be so aggressive over small things. Look at the 2nd LT situation. Hell I would take a chance of running away from a cop that seemed aggressive than staying there to get beaten or shot.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Maybe cops shouldn't be so aggressive over small things. Look at the 2nd LT situation. Hell I would take a chance of running away from a cop that seemed aggressive than staying there to get beaten or shot.

He should have complied with the verbal commands given by the LEO.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So the army guy should have been shot too?

He was asked, then told, to exit his vehicle what seemed like 20 times and never did. He should have known better. No idea why he would have thought things weren't going to go south for him in a hurry, but....:dunno:

Now, he's claiming his civil rights were violated and is trying to sue. I disagree- he is responsible for needlessly escalating a routine stop. He could have put the officers at ease from the start if he'd have cooperated in a reasonable manner, but he went down another path.

I hope the officer gets his job back. They jumped the gun with his firing, in my opinion.

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    Do you think any of these people will ever figure out that maybe, just maybe, if ya stop resisting arrest, ya just might not die. :confused:

But that way no one becomes a martyr or gets street credit or free meals 3 times a day. It's so foolish to think that acting out and resisting arrest is the way to go but it seems the past year of current events has attributed to the idea that it's the right thing to do.
    Also a PURE lack of respect leads to this crap.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Plus it isn’t bright yellow!!

There isn't a speck of yellow on our current issue Tasers. We never had the fully yellow models, but the X2s had some yellow by the sights. The ones we have currently (X3 maybe?) have NO yellow, and even when turned on, the LED display on the rear only shows a very small battery indicator.

The questions that came to my mind immediately were "How much of her 26 years has been on the street versus other, non-patrol assignments?" and "How much experience, other than carrying it, does she have actually using her Taser?"

From the Wikipedia article related to the Oakland BART officer "Taser-shooting" a guy in the back:
    On January 30, 2010, Alameda County prosecutors charged Officer Mehserle with second-degree murder in their indictment for the shooting. Mehserle resigned from his position and pleaded not guilty. The trial began on June 10, 2010. On July 8, 2010, Mehserle was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and not guilty of the murder charge and voluntary manslaughter.

Though initial protests on July 8, 2010, against the jury verdict were peacefully organized, after dark there were incidents of looting, arson, destruction of property, and small riots. Nearly 80 people were eventually arrested. On November 5, 2010, Mehserle was sentenced to two years, minus time served. He served his time in Los Angeles County Jail protective custody, held in a private cell for his safety. On June 13, 2011, Mehserle was released under parole after serving 11 months.[1]

Oakland civil rights attorney John Burris filed a $25 million wrongful death claim against BART on behalf of Grant's family. BART settled with Grant's daughter and mother for a total of $2.8 million in 2011. It also settled with several of Grant's friends who had sued for damages because of police brutality. A separate suit by Grant's father did not result in a jury award, as it was decided that due to his imprisonment he was not sufficiently involved in Grant's life.

Top Bottom