Will you still shoot as much?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cookiemonster

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Vidalia, La
    With all of the "panic" buying from people trying to stock up, it's getting hard to get ammo and supplies to load it. I will definitely be cutting back on my practice and try to limit myself to one USPSA match per month. I imagine the guys that shoot 3-gun matches are going to be struggling the most.

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    Shot my Raging bull 44mag this past weekend, and a couple of 22lr. Taking the wife to shoot her Christmas present this coming weekend, 357/38sp Rossi. I'm setting up my reloading bench and going to start reloading .223. So I will be shooting my ARs still as well. The ammo buying frenzy will die down, gun ban or no gun ban, there should always be ammo. Unless the bastards try and ban it too.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I personally plan to do my very best to refuse to shoot less because of panic buyers who are essentially trying to rob real shooters of their training/practice this year.

It'll probably mean running different primers (perhaps even whole loads) in practice than in matches, but whatever it takes.

It's going to be less of a problem for folks who reload than for those who shoot factory. I genuinely feel for anyone who falls into the latter category and will see their range time suffer over this BS.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yea, to clarify, the only thing that might reduce is the hole punching plinking for poos and grins. The training/practice and match shooting won't change. That's the important stuff. It's just the random impromtu range sessions that might see more rimfire than centerfire, than it used to - just in case. I have a good bit of ammo put back but I don't know when prices will come back down, and when each class can eat 1k-2k ammo, it gets expensive to replenish, if I can't wait until prices come down.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    No change here. I am a .45acp guy so shooting has always been expensive for me anyway, and it seems like .45acp is still highly available with no price changes so far. I have a nice supply of target ammo but recently got a few more cases just in case. Plus, I have .22 conversions for my 1911 and my Glock so I see no reason to slow down. Plus I used to reload in the old days and have no problems doing that again if need be.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I don't shoot "a lot" as compared to some on the board, but for I intend to maintain my routine. I plan to make my time and rounds count(training and drills as practice), but will still have fun plinking with my rimfires.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I don't plan to slow down but I only shoot .22 and 9mm and I was prepared to some extent not as much as some here but I always made sure to buy a box of different caliber ammo anytime I went shopping.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Trying to shoot more. Looking for a 9mm carbine as we speak. I hear Saiga is making one, that would be sweet. Possibly a JR carbine or Oly AR are in my future, or a custom job from Todd. The ammo savings would quickly pay for the gun.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    I see a lot more rimfire in my future.

I couldn't agree more on the 22 rimfire plan......

I just layed down my newly aquired Remington Model 552A 1961 Speedmaster to take a break.

Got her all oiled up and polished after shooting her this morning:}

Not going to paint her BLACK or CAMMO just going to scope her later today and make it a Lizard Creek old school tactical comeback rifle....

Greatest thing is NO MAGS or CLIPS lol

Long live the tube lol

4 bricks of

dx97glpwtndevtut4quc.jpg

Rock & Roll Jam Free

fyck7w6mccqm05a09nmx.jpg

y3qorhkageu7z2uoggz4.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom