Wilson Combat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Heading off to a tour of the Wilson Combat facilities, with much 1911 shooting to follow. Looking more into Les Baer or Ed Brown, but will be nice to fondle some high dollar guns.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have read owner reports of poor service after the sale of Les Baer. I do not own any 1911 pistol.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    I have been there but there wasn't much to tour. Met some really fine folks and bought some Wilson items.
    Pack your lunch because you will think your lost before you get there. It's a nice country ride to the place.
    Looking forward to hearing back from your trip.
    I love my Wilson's. Nothing like them.

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Depending on how soon you want to purchase you may want to look at Luke volkmann, he's a former brown Smith running a one man shop. If there's an issue, you don't get any of that "let me go get somebody to help you crap" he just fixes it. Also minimal if any issues that I've seen reported, and no issues with mine.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Heading off to a tour of the Wilson Combat facilities, with much 1911 shooting to follow. Looking more into Les Baer or Ed Brown, but will be nice to fondle some high dollar guns.

ive finger F*&ked all three and went with Wilson. Sure wish i could afford their new "pinnacle" as an heir loom.

Wilson is a "Tier 1" manufacturer. ;)

corey d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Louisiana
    I dealt with them several years ago when I bought my CQB. Of course my salesman was very cool, but fortunately I have no idea about their services after the sale. Ive never had to contact them about the gun since I got it. It has never hiccupped, and I used to shoot the hell out of it.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I am here. GPS got a little loopy, but made it. Met most of the folks, good peeps, we are going to have fun this weekend.

I do have to say, the Express Inn in Eureka Springs, for the $, is a damn fine motel.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    I have read owner reports of poor service after the sale of Les Baer. I do not own any 1911 pistol.

So who needs service? I had a front sight on my used Premier II that shot a little loose but still held on by an internal roll pin. I called to ask about how they set that roll pin in place and the lady at Baer offered to fix the loose front sight if I sent it in because it had to be drilled out to remove and it was tricky. Needed the pistol for a weekend match so I just wicked a little Loctite into place and all is good.

I didn't own any 1911 pistols at one time either…until I got one and discovered their charms. Now they are all I want to shoot, though in honesty, I can't see spending $3K on something that I intend to shoot the crap out of while inflicting considerable holster wear. YMMV.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom