Winnsboro Gun Club USPSA match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    We will host our first match of the 2012 season this Sunday 2/12/12. Plan on four stages plus classifier. 125 plus rounds . Start time is 1:30 but please come early to get Squadded. Thanks and hope to see you there.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    Thinking about coming out for my first competition. What all do I need to bring beside gun, holster, ammo and such? Do I need to get there early or is there anything else I need to do for my first time out? Thanks for the help.

dsb45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Monroe, La.
    Thinking about coming out for my first competition. What all do I need to bring beside gun, holster, ammo and such? Do I need to get there early or is there anything else I need to do for my first time out? Thanks for the help.
    Beside the stuff you mentioned, bring eye & ear protection, a hat, about 150 rds ammo (allows for a re-shoot if needed). Match fee is about $ 20 (I think, call Kathy or Terry @ Diamond & they can tell you). Water & a snack of some kind. Hope to see you there!

PS: Make sure you bring a strong side belt mounted holster, USPSA doesn't allow shoulder, cross draw, etc.

Doug

Aggieddad02

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Alexandria LA
    Well Henry, you were right I should have left the deer alone and continued shooting with you and the other guys. Last weekend of deer season I had an atv accident and broke my ankle. Recovery going slow, however, I have been told in 2 weeks I can begin putting weight on it and gradually building up. Hopefully will be able to shoot at CSS by March and then with the Winnsboro crowd some time thereafter. With this happening I have not been able to practice draws, magazine reloads or even reload ammo. Keep my spot open as i will be back

tjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Just a follow up on the match for Sunday . I would like to poll everyone to see how many plan to make it this Sunday. We are looking at mid 40s temp and 15-25 mph north wind. We don't mind trying to set up some stages Saturday if we have participation. Everyone sound off and we will make a decision about noon Saturday and post it here. Thanks.

henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    There are only two from Alexandria for sure that are planning to come, a possible third person traveling in from out of town through Monroe that may detour to Winnsboro. I spoke to the Ruston crowd, possibly one, maybe two at the most from there.
    I don't know if it's the weather, but ain't too many bites right now.

Prion911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    henry,
    adam and I are going for sure. With you that is at least 3 from here. do not know if dale can make it. will see if derrick wants to come

henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Oh, I had not heard of anyone else interested,...Derek can't go, I talked to him yesterday, Jeff's out of state till tonight. I will call Dale this morning to confirm with him.

tjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    The match is on. Bring lots of ammo in case of low attendance. Hope to see You there.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    You boys are going to have to show up and rock the roof off in my absence. I will be flying back in the morning. Remember to take video.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    Had a great time. Thanks to those of you who helped the newbie. The wife is not going to like all the money that I am going to want to spend now. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom