Winnsboro USPSA Match this weekend

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    There are possibly 6 of us going up there. I am waiting on confirmation that they are actually having the match and if this match will be an official USPSA match. No answer as of this morning. I will post something as soon as I hear from them.

Aggieddad02

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Alexandria LA
    Thanks Henry, I have since found out that I may have to go out of town so my attendance is null. If you guys do shoot please give me an update as to how things go. Thanks.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    As far as I know, it's still on. I was going to RO, so if something happened I would hope they would let me know! 1330 hrs. at the Winnsboro Gun Club. I called one of the members just to make sure, but I haven't heard back from him yet.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I just spoke with Terry Johnson, owner of Diamond Gun in Monroe (check them out for all your firearms needs), and he stated that the Winnsboro match is definitely on! I figure that he knows, since he is one of the WGC members that is setting this up. He also said there will be one classifier stage, but couldn't remember the number while we were on the phone. So, everybody in this area needs to come out and support our new USPSA club. 1330hrs. at Winnsboro Gun Club.

msshooter

Looking to Excel
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Vicksburg, MS
    I went and took a new shooter with me. Very nice bunch of folks over there. I think there was a few more shooters than expected, we had at least 40 shooters. We divided into 2 squads. Wow 20 people on a squad. That was unexpected! But we prevailed and made it through. There were alot of "new" to uspsa shooters that were not up on all the rules but there is ALOT of potential for this club. Their range is primarily set up for rifles so it was not very pistol stage friendly. I talked with one member who was onlooking and he said they had talked about adding a few wing berms to allow them to break up into smaller squads safely. It was a long hot day, but was alot of fun and met a bunch of great folks. Will definatly be a great place to shoot uspsa. Just a few glitches to iron out..

henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Long day for sure....they were not expecting the turnout that they got. They didn't think that there would be enough R/O's to run several squads. Just some growing pains to work out. The courses were fun, alot of shooting, lots' of steel, good folks. It was refreshing to see the all the new shooters. Some had never shot in a competition and did well.
    I spoke to one of the club members and he said that next time there would be several squads.
    I shot my new toy and it was everything that I had hoped, very satisfied with my investment.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I was very surprised to see that many shooters. They said next month they would split into 4 squads instead of 2. Msshooter and Henry, thank you for RO'ing

tjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Winnsboro match

Just wanted to say thanks for all the shooters that turned out for our first match. After viewing the many clouds of dust from shooters coming in to support us I soon forgot how hot it was setting it up. Our promise to you is to improve each match. Thanks again, hope to see all again second sunday in july. Terry

jebsr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    Winnsboro, La
    As a member of WGC I would like to add my thanks to that of Terry. We really appreciate all the folks that showed up for the match. Obviously more than we expected, but we will try our best to be better prepared next month. Also thanks to Terry for setting up some great stages, and to all that helped. Hope to see you in July.

bsdubois00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Jackson, MS
    Question to the folks running this - I'd love to make it but living in Jackson a couple hours for a 1:30 start leads for late night on a SUNDAY - any reason this can't start earlier instead of 1:30? Also what will happen when the time changes - seems that you won't even be able to finish and tear down w/ daylight.

Just throwing out some ideas

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    1:30 gives those of us who go to Church enough time to go and then head up there.

Sacrifices must be made either way. We leave at 4:45am to go to matches in Thibodeaux.......

henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    I'm not speaking for them, but I think that if this match continues to be a success, changes might be made in several areas. I do understand your thoughts, getting home late on a Sunday is a bummer, but like Jeff said, when we travel south to Gonzales or Thibodeaux, we leave really early and we get home around 4:30 that afternoon if we're lucky, the day is gone no matter how you slice it.

bsdubois00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Jackson, MS
    I understand - but from the other stand point - when the time changes - there is no way that this match will be able to finish and tear down with day light. Doesnt almost EVERY other match in the state start at 8am on Sunday? Why not Saturday? Why not 11am? 1:30 means they will have to finish this match and tear down in what - 3 1/2 hours when time changes? I'm no expert but I find this impossible!

ETA - Sure getting home late on sunday sucks - but my MAIN concern is time - in 4 months when time changes - this match will cease to exist with a 1:30 start and according to the report from msshooter - they didnt finish SHOOTING until 6PM and that does not include tear down - just making a suggestion that they may want to consider.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom