Wisconsin Walmart experience

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    I took the family to Wisconsin Dells, and we needed some groceries while on the trip. We avoid Walmart if possible, but it was convenient this time. I went to check the sporting goods section to see what it was like. I was expecting it to have a section for rifle and shotty sales, but it only had an ammo cabinet like I am used to back home. Then things got more interesting. They had 9mm and bricks of 22lr. I haven't been lucky enough to catch a brick back home, so I was a bit shocked. Anyway, I wanted to take a pic to try to mess with one of my buddies by texting him what I found at Walmart. (He didn't know I was out of town.) Right as I was about to snap a pic on my phone, an employee rushed towards me telling me to stop and not take the pic. She said that it was company policy to avoid people going to other Wally Worlds to price match. This sounded really dumb. Had it not been for my wife and daughter waiting on me to go checkout with a basket full of groceries and extra winter clothing for the crazy cold, I would have snapped the pic just to press the issue. The last thing I wanted was to be kicked out of the store when we really needed the items at the time. Has anybody ever heard of this sillyness, or was I just approached by an authoritative idiot?

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Not at WalMart, but I have been asked not to take pictures before. I have seen stores with a sign asking not to take pictures. Didn't think it was a big deal.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    My Experience...

walmart_sucks.jpg
    [/url][/IMG]

Picture dat..lol

Happy New Year

Peace B with U!

13f3p

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    madisonville, la.
    walmart has had that policy for as long as i can recall.
    i worked at one in hs
    i was frequently asked to assist the management when informing customers of the policy

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville
    Did you check the prices?

The Deridder walmart was carrying cans of 5.56mm, 420rds for $597.

$597!!

Well at least you can get see that on the shelves over there, here in Leesville we lucky too see anything. That price is still stupid and there is no way I would be paying that but you know there are some that will pay it.

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    It's MAP, Minimum Advertised Pricing. It's only semi legal in the US. A big box company gets a product at a better price so they cAn lower the street price only in their stores but not advertise it in print or on line.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mmabone
    Top Bottom