Wish me luck, I'm going ar-15 shopping this morning.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sirbiggstixx

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I picked up a Bushmaster from Ascension pawn for 699.99 yesterday. It was the last one he had. Its the one that was made in Windham maine. The rifle doesnt even look like it had even been loaded or shotl.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I picked up a Bushmaster from Ascension pawn for 699.99 yesterday. It was the last one he had. Its the one that was made in Windham maine. The rifle doesnt even look like it had even been loaded or shotl.

You got a good rifle man. Mr. Beck is like a grandfather to me and Josh is a good guy in there. I mentioned it on another post somewhere for anyone who was looking for one. I thought about gettin it for a spare but I have my eyes on something else.

sirbiggstixx

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    You got a good rifle man. Mr. Beck is like a grandfather to me and Josh is a good guy in there. I mentioned it on another post somewhere for anyone who was looking for one. I thought about gettin it for a spare but I have my eyes on something else.

They were both awesome, hell we talked for a good hour and a half about all this BS going around. They will def be my first place to check in future purchases. Never even knew they were there.

sirbiggstixx

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    its my listing but the bushy im selling isnt the one I got from Ascension Pawn the other day. My listing is for my very first bushmaster I had bought a few years ago. They were both in good condition but the one I bought from Ascension Pawn was in better shape..I sold the Louisiana Sportsman listing yesterday.. The two pawn shops I have talked to was asking $1100 for there bushys which is why that was my asking price. At least the Pelican Pawn on burnside and Gold n Guns were asking that. I asked Mr. Beck why he was asking so little for it, and he said "its just what I want for it, its not gonna go up and its not gonna go down." Hell i even told him what the other two shops were selling theirs for and he just kinda shrugged his shoulders and lit up a cowboy killer.

Last edited:

sirbiggstixx

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    No prob man. Give pelican pawn in dehnam a shot, I picked up a palmetto yesterday from them. They had a few in stock. I called them yesterday morning and Eric pulled one from the wall and held it in the back for me till I could pick it up after lunch.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    You might want to wait until Feinstein's bill gets published. The bill might let existing owners to hang on the their weapons but it might propose a "dangerous weapon tax". It might make owning an AR less attractive and some current owners might dump their's if the tax is too high . I predict a tax on everything gun related to fund mental health spending increases. Ironically the Lanza family seemed wealthy enough that they could have afforded good mental Heathcare for their son.

I'd say they were wealthy enough. She was married to a guy working for GE Capitol. He earned over 550,000.00 a year. She was awarded 240,000.00 a year in alimony with yearly increases.
    The more I read about the Lanza mother and the shooter....the more I am convinced that she was a crappy, crappy mother. She coddled him for 20 years, and all of the sudden when he turned 20 years old she wanted him out the house. She wanted him to go to college or get a job. But for the first 18 years of his life she was so concerned that he may hurt himself. She had zero parenting skills IMO. I never met this woman....but I am inclined to think she had a very bad value system. I think both of them needed professional help...and yes, they could afford it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom