WML and Loctite

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    This is my ignorance question of the day. I'm waiting on a holster that will accept my pistol and a weapon mounted light to come in and have been wondering about this.

The light is a TLR-1. Do you guys who have these use any blue loctite on the screw when putting these on your firearms?

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    Thanks for the help. This is for my backup/range/training pistol, so I'm going to go ahead and do the loctite application.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Yeah if its a light you plan on leaving on, a drop of loctite surely won't hurt. But just go easy on what you tighten with. I usually use a nickel or a quarter.

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    Reese, my TLR-1 goes on and off the gun twice a day; every day. I was wondering about this, so I shot it, to see how long before it would "loosen up" from finger tight (no tool/quarter/etc.).

After five 12 round magazines of full power .40 ball, I gave up. I also ran a box of factory ball through the HK45C just to see... no loosee.

Now, a Glock dust cover might flex enough to loosen it more rapidly; dunno about that. But the HK? Just check it every so often.

You do know the trick about putting a thin film of Vaseline on the lens, right?

I do remember you posting your findings with the finger tight tightening awhile back. I believe it's here. I probably should have just searched that and re-read it again.

Concerning the Vaseline, I haven't heard that one. I'm assuming that will give more of a "flood" of light as opposed to the central beam with some spillover?

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Loctite it unless you take it on and off a lot. I've had the TLRs loosen on me, wouldn't want it to happen at a bad time. Vaseline or WD-40 on lens to aid in cleaning, or an extended barrel.

Top Bottom