Wolf or dog?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tiz68

Gun Lover
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    Morgan City
    I was driving home today from school and not far from my house I happen to see this beautiful creature here. It looks like a wolf, but I didn't think we had many wild wolves in South Louisiana. Am I mistaken and this is just a regular ole dog, or do you think this is a wolve? I know of a few people that have wolf dog mixes but they look nothing like this. This dog is gorgeous and I seriously contemplated taking it home. It's back leg was hurt, he was extremely skinny, and his eye looked a little banged up, but other than that he looked pretty good. I got out my truck to get a better look and tossed him a few scraps I had with me. He came up and ate then sniffed in my direction and limped off. He sure wasn't scared of traffic either because he stayed in the middle of the road forcing cars to swerve around him and he didn't flench once. Just went on about his business. He didn't seem scared of me, but didn't come entirely close either. He just seemed pretty tired and beat up. If it wasn't for the fact that he looks wild and would potentially be an unstable pet I would have loaded him up and brought him home.

wolfam.jpg

wolf1w.jpg

wolf2tk.jpg

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I have a friend that has a pet "dog" that is really a domestic breed of timberwolf. He is twice the size of that husky.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Same here. Beautiful creature. It's funny to walk her and see people's reactions when we say she's a wolf.

I loved to walk him for the same reason. I want to get one when I get a bigger place with some land. My friend had to keep him in a small apartment for a few months and he destroyed the place and half her stuff. Being 6'6", there is something really awesome about a dog that can lick my face when I'm standing up, and that I can pet without bending down.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    The two boys that killed this dog a coulple weeks ago will be able to answer dog/wolf or coyote after they go to court for agg. cruelty to animals

Outlawdeerhunters002.jpg

TinM@n

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Charlie12: Looks like these guys will def be explaining why they shot a husky...
    We have two at home like that.

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpg
      IMG_0391.jpg
      231.7 KB · Views: 79

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Malamute. Although, very well could be wolf-malamute. I raised and sold 3 litters in the 90's. the bitch was timber and red malamute, the sire was malamute and timber and looked a lot like the OP's pic when he was older. They tend to lose the curl in the tail sometimes

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    sure looks like a hybrid cross to me.. Malamute and some wolf.. not sure though.. either way sad it was on its own.. I guess they DO like to run.

Top Bottom