Women to be allowed in front line combat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddeacon1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    In the rear lines, pregnancy has always been a touchy issue. What will happen when they are on the front lines? How are they going to be able to handle days on end without a shower? I guess only time will tell.

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    I believe that if the PT standards are straight across the board, regardless of gender, everything will be alright. I've served on a PSD during my 2nd tour in Iraq where we had one female who rocked a Ma Deuce better than me.

HOWEVER, I would like to point out something that occurred during my first tour in Iraq: We were in a 360 degree perimeter in a palm grove after an extremely long 'bout of 24 hour, house clearing and full-spectrum ops. Me being the Medic, was hanging out with the RTO and the PL after checking everyone's feet and hydration. The PL gets an urgent call from the TOC; however, he has a very bad case of Baghdad 'trots after eating some lamb with a local Sheik. While talking with the TOC, not missing a beat with the Battle-Captain, he proceeds to drop his drawers and take a dump. The RTO and I are too tired to smirk.... -Anyways, any PL who is willing to take a diarrhea crap next to two grown men and a SYNCGAR, while conducting business with a straight face, is a professional in my book. Hardcore. -How many women would be willing to do the same when the mission doesn't allow for personal privacy?

Just say'n.

Last edited:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    military-meme.jpg

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I believe that if the PT standards are straight across the board, regardless of gender, everything will be alright. I've served on a PSD during my 2nd tour in Iraq where we had one female who rocked a Ma Deuce better than me.

HOWEVER, I would like to point out something that occurred during my first tour in Iraq: We were in a 360 degree perimeter in a palm grove after an extremely long 'bout of 24 hour, house clearing and full-spectrum ops. Me being the Medic, was hanging out with the RTO and the PL after checking everyone's feet and hydration. The PL gets an urgent call from the TOC; however, he has a very bad case of Baghdad 'trots after eating some lamb with a local Sheik. While talking with the TOC, not missing a beat with the Battle-Captain, he proceeds to drop his drawers and take a dump. The RTO and I are too tired to smirk.... -Anyways, any PL who is willing to take a diarrhea crap next to two grown men and a SYNCGAR, while conducting business with a straight face, is a professional in my book. Hardcore. -How many women would be willing to do the same when the mission doesn't allow for personal privacy?

Just say'n.

With all do respect PSD is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Light Infantry Operations. Ask any Marine with time in Helmand or Paratrooper from RC East about the physical nature of the battle, the terrain, and the loads carried. Fitness particularly STRENGTH is already and issue in both the USMc and USA.

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    With all do respect PSD is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Light Infantry Operations. Ask any Marine with time in Helmand or Paratrooper from RC East about the physical nature of the battle, the terrain, and the loads carried. Fitness particularly STRENGTH is already and issue in both the USMc and USA.

And with all due respect, PSD was on the 2nd tour to Iraq. (-; Not the 1st. And I'm well aware of what all Light Inf entails. (I'm a 9th Reg Alum). HOWEVER, my experiences on PSD opened my eyes more about the FLOT-myth that we were so indoctrinated about with during the 90s. (The lines become blurry during combat).

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    And, "no thank you". No offense, but I stopped asking Marines anything after I saw a body armor-less platoon in t-shirts giving each other haircuts beneath an overpass on a checkpoint on Route Tampa in '04. -That same platoon got their mugs plastered on "The Stars and Stripes" page #3 two days later.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    And, "no thank you". No offense, but I stopped asking Marines anything after I saw a body armor-less platoon in t-shirts giving each other haircuts beneath an overpass on a checkpoint on Route Tampa in '04. -That same platoon got their mugs plastered on "The Stars and Stripes" page #3 two days later.

You scared? :rofl: Just joking ;)

TinM@n

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    These idiots fought for equal rights, well, now you've got em! Get in the **** like the rest of us.
    I don't care, it would be easier for me to grab one and use as a human shield, haha!

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I'm sure there will be an "oooh, you're wrong Doc," response but this is what I've witnessed firsthand as a combat medic in the infantry. And no, not a stay in the truck medic, rather, Doc, 4th man in the stack, 4th man in the room kind of medic.

Women in the infantry will prove to be faulty due to the compromisation of the mission if sh hits the fan. It is an instinctual response in men to protect the women when immediate danger is at hand. A mission will go south faster than a snowball headed for hell simply because there absolutely will be intersquad relations of the sexual kind, so and so is banging so and so in 3rd platoon and now Johnny wants to kill himself. Also, if she gets nailed by sniper fire and used as bait, much like they have done to RTOs and medics, you actually think that fire superiority will be some hard leg's first thought? Or rather would it become "oh man my ol lady is lying there bleeding out on the X," and wham bam we have yet another casualty and are risking even more Americans getting out mr and mrs smith off of the most dangerous place on the battlefield.

What about when we're humping it back 5 or 10 clicks after losing 4 guys and we're not only carrying a 70+ load but the extra weight of our battle bud's equipment/240/249 and full combat load on our backs? Do you honestly think she is humping 150% of her weight back the entire way through more hostile fire and terrain?

I don't see it as being a good thing.

What about a woman's monthly menstrual cycle and the clandestine living conditions of the infantryman? We went 10-20 days without proper running water and baby wipe baths. Yeast infections would be heavily prevalent. What most don't realize that lived on a FOB their entire tour and had 4 square meals/running water/privacy is that in the US Infantry there isn't that luxury. And definitely no room for censoring/hiding genitals/etc and worrying about it offending anyone else.

You'll never present an argument plausible enough for me to believe they should be there. I loved my fellow female solders and their sacrifices, but it'd do more harm than good and it terrifies me that young men may not come home because they were chasing a doe during the rut.

Doc

Last edited:

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    I'm sure there will be an "oooh, you're wrong Doc," response but this is what I've witnessed firsthand as a combat medic in the infantry. And no, not a stay in the truck medic, rather, Doc, 4th man in the stack, 4th man in the room kind of medic.

Women in the infantry will prove to be faulty due to the compromisation of the mission if sh hits the fan. It is an instinctual response in men to protect the women when immediate danger is at hand. A mission will go south faster than a snowball headed for hell simply because there absolutely will be intersquad relations of the sexual kind, so and so is banging so and so in 3rd platoon and now Johnny wants to kill himself. Also, if she gets nailed by sniper fire and used as bait, much like they have done to RTOs and medics, you actually think that fire superiority will be some hard leg's first thought? Or rather would it become "oh man my ol lady is lying there bleeding out on the X," and wham bam we have yet another casualty and are risking even more Americans getting out mr and mrs smith off of the most dangerous place on the battlefield.

What about when we're humping it back 5 or 10 clicks after losing 4 guys and we're not only carrying a 70+ load but the extra weight of our battle bud's equipment/240/249 and full combat load on our backs? Do you honestly think she is humping 150% of her weight back the entire way through more hostile fire and terrain?

I don't see it as being a good thing.

What about a woman's monthly menstrual cycle and the clandestine living conditions of the infantryman? We went 10-20 days without proper running water and baby wipe baths. Yeast infections would be heavily prevalent. What most don't realize that lived on a FOB their entire tour and had 4 square meals/running water/privacy is that in the US Infantry there isn't that luxury. And definitely no room for censoring/hiding genitals/etc and worrying about it offending anyone else.

You'll never present an argument plausible enough for me to believe they should be there. I loved my fellow female solders and their sacrifices, but it'd do more harm than good and it terrifies me that young men may not come home because they were chasing a doe during the rut.

Doc
    "..it terrifies me that young men may not come home because they were chasing a doe during the rut. " That's deep man. Definitely pause for thought.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mike933
    Top Bottom