Won this on auctionarms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billy82269

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    DeQuincy, LA
    I just sent the payment off today. With shipping and transfer fee it will be $445. Not a good price if you remember what they were going for a year ago when a few distributers still had some but in todays crazy gun world it's pretty good. They are actually the closest thing you can find to a U.S. made Hi-Power. Frame is made in the US, All other parts made by FEG in Hungary then fit and finished in the US by Magnum Research.
    http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9100824

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I could see how those sights could help acquire a target quickly, but as far as shooting longer distances....idk. I would probably have to shoot something with those sights before I make up my mind about whether I like them or not.

2 years ago at Tactical Responses Free Alumni shoot we all shot at A Steel chest sized target at 100 (Meters or yards, i disremember)

We hit... with the XS big dots.

I know it was that far away b/c I put it out there and used a laser rangefinder to make sure of the distance.

Yea, it takes some getting used to, but for 'real world shooting' (On the move, on handed, at moving targets etc....)

Their the ****.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5RURFEGd8[/ame]

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I highly respect James Yeager's opinions on most things, but I still don't think I'd ever install XS big dots on any of my pistols. I'll have to try them out one day and see if use changes my opinion.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I highly respect James Yeager's opinions on most things, but I still don't think I'd ever install XS big dots on any of my pistols. I'll have to try them out one day and see if use changes my opinion.

Anyone is welcome to try them out if they meet me in the BZ or somewhere else in my AO.

Bring 9mm ammo and have at it.

ETA: It took me awhile and I was a nonbeliever.

I bought a Glock 19 with 3 dot night sites and I bought one and put Big dots on it.

I shot them side by side for months throught many classes.

Time proved my initial disbelief incorrect, and now I carry 2 Glocks with big dots.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom